Ratings for Dr. Kevin Steichen

Dr. Steichen has been my doctor for the past 25 years. I see no need to change. He has a great bedside attitude, working hard to make sure myself and my family are taken care of.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Steichen for 27 years now. I've referred many of my friends and families to him. I never have to wait long to be seen and when he comes in, he's always very patient. He is always very caring and takes his time to listen to all my concerns. He is truly one of the best doctors, this is why I've been a patient for 27 years and counting.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Great doctor! Always takes the time to listen to you. His staff has always been nice too. Get's you in same day if needed!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

He has the rudest office staff around. They question me as to why I need certain prescriptions (last time I looked it was not their job). I am shown to a room quickly and vital signs are taken but it takes Dr. Steichen at least 45 minutes in the exam room for him to finally see me. I started seeing a naturopath and who requested Dr. Steichen do 5 blood tests (to help me out financially). Dr. Steichen refused to do 3 of the tests and the other 2 with omissions. I walked out. This was the last straw. Dr. Steichen has a habit of throwing medicine at the symptom instead of taking the time to find the cause. Instead of finding out why I couldn't sleep at night, he hooked me on Ambien for over a year. I have had issues about my weight and asked him about it. He has stated each time that it didn't seem to be a problem. I am 280lbs and have gained 30 of that in the last 4 months and no diet change!Frustrating doctor. Shop around first.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

I saw him two weeks prior and then when it came time to refill my pain medicine he said I would have have to come back in to see him or go to a pain specialist. He could have told this when I came to his office. His staff was VERY RUDE every time I called about something. I've needed a new wheelchair for a month now, it took Dr. Steichen's office over 20 days to fax the paperwork! I'm still waiting!! My wheelchair has a metal bar that is broken under the seat! Just an accident waiting to happen!! I won't be going back ever!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

i am 70 yrs old & have seen a lot of md's but he is among the best,will refer when he needs.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Dr, Steichen is what a GP should be. He is kind and understanding and makes his patients feel comfortable. I have been seeing him for about eight years and he is consistent in his treatment and care.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

The best doctor I have ever had. I can get in quickly without sitting in the waiting room for long periods of time. No problems with him referring me to specialists. Easy to talk to. Has corrected every illness in a timely manner. No mis-diagnosis.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

My wife's (now ex) PCP was Dr. Steichen and I switched because seeing him in a timely manner wasn't an issue. After a while, he became tuned into how I would react to my current health problems and was able to work out medical solutions that proved to be correct. Even minded when he's allowed to be as well as being focused is his best attributes. He's been the best Doctor I've been associated with since I moved back.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

Dr. Kevin Steichen's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)