Ratings for Dr. Owen James

I saw Dr. Owen for over a year in regards to academic struggles and a psycho educational evaluation. I highly recommend Dr. Owen as a psychologist, as he is very patient, kind, empathetic and generous with his time. He went out of his way to help me in my return to post secondary and was an integral part of my success at university. In addition, the staff and environment are incredibly warm, welcoming and caring.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

horrible experience with this man. He does not listen & seems full of himself. I will be reporting him and my experience to the College.

Submitted February 11, 2016

I would never ever recommend Dr. James for couples counselling. He almost ruined our relationship which got worse and worse over the course of time we saw him. Nothing was done to 'repair' our relationship or even address the problems we were having. It seemed that he was content to just let us fight about past without ever providing solutions or even holding us accountable to our role in things. We both left every appointment feeling angrier at each other. If you want someone to support you in giving up, he's your guy; if you want someone to help you work through things as a couple, find someone else!

Submitted November 14, 2015

I was profoudly depressed when I started seeing Dr. James, he is patient kind and compassionate. He is generous with his time and on an occaision even saw me during his vacation when he knew I was struggling.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have been seeing Owen James for over 2 years. He is a very good listener and I always leave his office feeling better than when I came in. It was sad to read the previous review as I feel it is unfair to make such a judgement after only one session. Owen James is very empathetic, professional and compassionate. His approach is non threatening and he is very easy to talk to and trust. If you are reading this review please meet with him and form your own opinion, you will not be disappointed!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Terrible. We went for relationship counseling after infidelity and we feel like Dr. James did nothing to help. He didn't even try. Every session he admittedly let us "fight it out" without any input, suggestions, tools, homework, anything. He didn't listen to pertinent input about things that have happened at home, reasons for it, etc. It's like he took one side of our personalities (those we presented in office) accepted it at the surface and didn't dig any deeper. In the end he basically said that there is no saving our relationship, and yet here we are months later, still together, still both fighting to make it work. Dr. James made the most crucial mistake any health practitioner can... he gave up on us before we did.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014