Ratings for Dr. Amanda Patenaude

My Dad and I brought his 78 year old Girlfriend to this clinic recently, who has early symptoms of dementia, for sores on her head brought on by shingles. They are very infected and have required daily cream applications. This was (at least) her 3rd visit to this clinic, her daughter had brought her in previously, who would not step foot in this office again (without telling this dr. where to go) so we brought her in (a 2 hour drive). When this doctor asked her how she was, she was greeted with "oh I am good." When my Dad tried to intervene on her behalf he was greeted with; a rude, curt and very condensing attitude. He was informed of her USA training. During most of the appointment she did not look up from the computer and stated that; "she should have been using the shampoo I prescribed her." Neither of them remembered receiving this prescription and would she rewrite it so that we could start the treatment. This doctor let them know how busy she was (no one in the waiting room) and went back in her office to do so. My Dad asked her (in the privacy of the office) why she was so rude, it got worse. I should back up a little bit and add that she injected 2 sores with a prescription (we brought in), which she charged $52 for.... Her poor receptionist asked if we wanted to set up an appointment for next month, Dad said that we would not be back. When we were driving back home he looked at the prescription, it was for the topical cream that they have at home.... Now this wonderful lady has to wait to see her GP, who will hopefully be able to find the correct medical ingredient, to get started on the next part of her healing. ...next week. It appeared to me that the cosmetic/money part of this clinic is this doctor's main objective.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I have seen Dr. Patenaude for a mole removal and sclerotherapy treatments. I was very happy with the care I received for both treatments. I have recommended this doctor to others.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

she did a biopsy for skin cancer..next appointment sent in her assistant to tell me it was negative. I insisted on seeing dr. Patenaude...she told me she was very busy and didn't have much time... leaning on the door jam I ..told her it was still bleeding daily and growing so reluctantly said she would do another biopsy on two months...to which I said no. Saw my gp, got a referral to a dermatologist then a plastic surgeon and the cancer had spread so much I had to have a skin graft on my nose. The surgeon told me she didn't take a large enough area when she did the biopsy....so beware. She is on.y interested in $$$$$$ and missed my cancer. Beware.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

After reading all of these reviews, I feel the need to defend Dr Patenaude, but I think my review will speak for itself. I was referred to her by my GP to look at some sun damage on my face. I barely waited 5 minutes in the waiting room and then maybe 5 in the examination room then Dr Patenaude came in. She looked at the marks on my face and then immediately saw that I was a very "moley" person and took the time to look at everything, she examined each mole on my body even though that wasn't what I was there for. Thank goodness she did because there was a very worry some one on my arm that she wanted removed right away. With all the sun damage on my face, she didn't try to sell me anything, she just told me she could do something for me if I ever wanted her to. The moment I walked out the door her girls had an appointment card for the next week to have the mole removed. When I went back the next week for the removal, Dr Patenaude could see I was a bit nervous, told me that the needle was the worst part, explained what she was going to do and the talked to me through the whole thing to keep my mind occupied. Before I knew it, it was done. She made sure I was ok, chatted with me about what would happen next, that I would have 2 more appointments, one for a follow up to make sure that my incision was doing well and the other in a couple of months for the pathology report. Again, I walked out the door and the girls had the appointment card ready for me. At that point I asked about photofacial to get rid of the sun damage and she had one of her girls sit down with me and go over everything....no pressure, just the information if I decide to go ahead. Dr Patenaude's office is run like a Dr's office should be run, clean, professional and on time. I felt vey comfortable asking Dr Patenaude questions because she could answer them without hesitation and without making me feel stupid for asking. But I'm also a reasonable person and know that she has other appointments waiting and am not going to take up a ton of her time. if I have other things I want to talk to her about, I will make another appointment. I felt that she was a very caring person who just wants to make people comfortable and do well by her patients. It seems you can't do anything right to please people these days.......I know I'd rather have a very competent Dr that knows what she is doing and kicks me out after 15 mins, rather than an ok Dr that is too nice that let's all patients sit there and talk for an hour. Dr Patenaude is wonderful and I feel very fortunate to have been referred to her.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

The worst experience I've ever had with a physician! I felt for the first time compelled to rate a doctor and see that most people have had similar experiences. I came in for a medical concern and was provided a cosmetic option. Dr. Patenaude comes off as condescending, did not provide answers to my questions even though I asked more than once, and seemed like she was in a rush for me to leave when she realized I would not be paying for any cosmetic treatment. I am no further informed on my issue than I was before I went to see her. Without trying to be too personal Dr. Patenaude seemed she was focused on her own appearance (which is probably good for the cosmetic aspect of her practice) and was dressed for cocktails on a patio.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Never met a more rude, arrogant doctor. I WILL NEVER be returning to that clinic. Patient care is not her forte, it's $$$$$$$.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I made an appointment for a consultation on a Friday and was scheduled for Monday. I live out of town (2 hours to be exact) and when I arrived the receptionist couldn't find my appointment, and asked me to take a seat. After waiting, she asked me questions about when I made my appt, what is was for etc. Then she asked if I would like to reschedule. I said no, I drove 2 hours just for this! Dr. Patenaude and the receptionist stared at me, and without even a sorry, gave me the business card and told me to call them back when I knew I was going to be in town next. RUDE and so unprofessional. I have wasted my time (my whole day) and money for nothing.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

She gets stressed out if you ask her questions and doesn't explain things. I think she cares but is too stressed and rushed to take the time to show it.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Common theme?! I think so...... Like every other person has indicated, Patenaude is an absolute disgrace - extremely unprofessional and sees patients as dollar signs.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Please take heed as to what all these people are saying about this horrible horrible so called dr. She is very rude only gave me 5 min of her time. had to wait over an hour in the waiting room, every one was complaining about her.I had questions to ask her about rhematoid arthritis she said she was too busy. I saw her in Jan for 5 min of my appt. she did not even look at my hands or fingers and prescribed 3 different meds and said see you in 3 months. I had a horrible flare for about 2 weeks could not straighten my fingers was in so much excrutiating pain. I tried called the receptionist said the earliest I could get back in for a follow up was 3 months. I said can she call me they said nope she does not return phone calls. Damm right my own gp tried to call her to say my bloodwork inflamation was over the top she did not even have the courtesy to call my dr. back. I asked if my bloodwork was back the receptionist said no meanwhile it was on e-file that it was back. Another downright lie from this dr. No wonder she can afford to build a new building she only sees each patient maybe 5 min prescribes meds or creams and your done. Dont even think of asking any questions. You walk into the office and my husband says its like walking into a beauty salon. All she does is try to sell her so-called miracle creams and the prices, oh my absolutely outrageous. God forbid if she forgets to put her lipstick on and hairspray. She is a disgrace to the medical field. I finally went to a real rheumatologist at HSC I mentioned her name and 3 dr.s just rolled their eyes back and laughed. They said word will get around about her. Please everyone be aware.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017