Ratings for Dr. Amanda Patenaude

Plain and simple, she is a horrible human and not a good doctor. Judging by the other comments, over all, I think people all realize that as well. I've had a couple encounters with her and all of them were negative. I cannot express enough how awful and a waste of time it was going to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Patenaude is rude!! She doesn't care about her patients one bit all she cares about is the money. I've been in to see her a couple times, and I've even heard the way she speaks to her staff, horrible! She walks around like everyone is beneath her! I would NEVER recommend this horrid lady.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Horrible doctor! Waited over an hour for my daughter to see her and when we got in she spent about 5 seconds with us. She us rude and will not let you ask any questions. My daughter would not go back.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Incredible doctor. I can understand people complaining about her running behind, but I think those people need to consider the patients she sees, like my mother, who are here to receive a cancer diagnosis. She took the time to answer all of the questions myself and my mother had. She was incredibly compassionate and patient with our situation. I hope she knows how appreciated she is!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

My Dad and I brought his 78 year old Girlfriend to this clinic recently, who has early symptoms of dementia, for sores on her head brought on by shingles. They are very infected and have required daily cream applications. This was (at least) her 3rd visit to this clinic, her daughter had brought her in previously, who would not step foot in this office again (without telling this dr. where to go) so we brought her in (a 2 hour drive). When this doctor asked her how she was, she was greeted with "oh I am good." When my Dad tried to intervene on her behalf he was greeted with; a rude, curt and very condensing attitude. He was informed of her USA training. During most of the appointment she did not look up from the computer and stated that; "she should have been using the shampoo I prescribed her." Neither of them remembered receiving this prescription and would she rewrite it so that we could start the treatment. This doctor let them know how busy she was (no one in the waiting room) and went back in her office to do so. My Dad asked her (in the privacy of the office) why she was so rude, it got worse. I should back up a little bit and add that she injected 2 sores with a prescription (we brought in), which she charged $52 for.... Her poor receptionist asked if we wanted to set up an appointment for next month, Dad said that we would not be back. When we were driving back home he looked at the prescription, it was for the topical cream that they have at home.... Now this wonderful lady has to wait to see her GP, who will hopefully be able to find the correct medical ingredient, to get started on the next part of her healing. ...next week. It appeared to me that the cosmetic/money part of this clinic is this doctor's main objective.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I have seen Dr. Patenaude for a mole removal and sclerotherapy treatments. I was very happy with the care I received for both treatments. I have recommended this doctor to others.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

she did a biopsy for skin cancer..next appointment sent in her assistant to tell me it was negative. I insisted on seeing dr. Patenaude...she told me she was very busy and didn't have much time... leaning on the door jam I ..told her it was still bleeding daily and growing so reluctantly said she would do another biopsy on two months...to which I said no. Saw my gp, got a referral to a dermatologist then a plastic surgeon and the cancer had spread so much I had to have a skin graft on my nose. The surgeon told me she didn't take a large enough area when she did the biopsy....so beware. She is on.y interested in $$$$$$ and missed my cancer. Beware.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

After reading all of these reviews, I feel the need to defend Dr Patenaude, but I think my review will speak for itself. I was referred to her by my GP to look at some sun damage on my face. I barely waited 5 minutes in the waiting room and then maybe 5 in the examination room then Dr Patenaude came in. She looked at the marks on my face and then immediately saw that I was a very "moley" person and took the time to look at everything, she examined each mole on my body even though that wasn't what I was there for. Thank goodness she did because there was a very worry some one on my arm that she wanted removed right away. With all the sun damage on my face, she didn't try to sell me anything, she just told me she could do something for me if I ever wanted her to. The moment I walked out the door her girls had an appointment card for the next week to have the mole removed. When I went back the next week for the removal, Dr Patenaude could see I was a bit nervous, told me that the needle was the worst part, explained what she was going to do and the talked to me through the whole thing to keep my mind occupied. Before I knew it, it was done. She made sure I was ok, chatted with me about what would happen next, that I would have 2 more appointments, one for a follow up to make sure that my incision was doing well and the other in a couple of months for the pathology report. Again, I walked out the door and the girls had the appointment card ready for me. At that point I asked about photofacial to get rid of the sun damage and she had one of her girls sit down with me and go over everything....no pressure, just the information if I decide to go ahead. Dr Patenaude's office is run like a Dr's office should be run, clean, professional and on time. I felt vey comfortable asking Dr Patenaude questions because she could answer them without hesitation and without making me feel stupid for asking. But I'm also a reasonable person and know that she has other appointments waiting and am not going to take up a ton of her time. if I have other things I want to talk to her about, I will make another appointment. I felt that she was a very caring person who just wants to make people comfortable and do well by her patients. It seems you can't do anything right to please people these days.......I know I'd rather have a very competent Dr that knows what she is doing and kicks me out after 15 mins, rather than an ok Dr that is too nice that let's all patients sit there and talk for an hour. Dr Patenaude is wonderful and I feel very fortunate to have been referred to her.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

The worst experience I've ever had with a physician! I felt for the first time compelled to rate a doctor and see that most people have had similar experiences. I came in for a medical concern and was provided a cosmetic option. Dr. Patenaude comes off as condescending, did not provide answers to my questions even though I asked more than once, and seemed like she was in a rush for me to leave when she realized I would not be paying for any cosmetic treatment. I am no further informed on my issue than I was before I went to see her. Without trying to be too personal Dr. Patenaude seemed she was focused on her own appearance (which is probably good for the cosmetic aspect of her practice) and was dressed for cocktails on a patio.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Never met a more rude, arrogant doctor. I WILL NEVER be returning to that clinic. Patient care is not her forte, it's $$$$$$$.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017