Ratings for Dr. Frank J. Tomecek

We had an appointment waiting for over 60 days. When we arrived for the appointment dr tomecek hadcancelled the entire day with no explanation. Very inconsiderate and not caring.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Very arrogant and always late. I would not recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Wonderful at diagnosising. Pleasant and caring. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Great Doctor. Great surgeon. Staff was very helpful. Very punctual.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Arrogant, cocky, hot headed, rude to patients and staff. Wouldn't go to him

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Very arrogant and cocky. Because my daughter (who has been a cardiac nurse 20 years) mentioned my congestive heart failure and wanted a particular lab test (which Dr. Tomecek refused) he rudely said that maybe I should just be transferred to a heart hospital. He took a call from my daughter on my cell phone while in my room and walked our of my room with it toward the nurses station screaming we could go ahead and Sue him. No one had said anything about suing anyone. The guy is a lunatic and cares nothing about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I had 3 lumbar discs fused. It took me about 18 months to be completely off pain meds and 6 months to get back to work. Dr. Tomecek did a wonderful job and stayed with me every step even though it took me longer to recover (I had the same issue after another unrelated surgery). He tried all other options before doing the surgery. He answered all questions. He is often called away for emergency surgery so schedule appointments with the expectation to have to wait. Most of the time my wait was 15 min or less. I have talked to several people that had procedures like mine with other surgeons and I am the only one that doesn't have to take pain medication. I recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

His staff is nice. He was very punctual for my first appt and first follow up, the last two appts, I waited over an hour past my appt time, and the most recent appt, he left the exam room (after I waited 1-1/2 hrs to be seen) to take a phone call, and was gone another 30 min. I left before the appt was over, and no one even called to follow up on finishing our conversation. I had to call them. My lumbar surgery was a complete failure. At the time I was scheduling it, there were no negative reviews on here about him. He is ordering more mri's, x-rays and EMGs, I am only 50 yrs old and sometimes struggle to walk even 10 steps. So depressing.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

He is very cocky, and after post-surgery when I was still experiencing pain, he pushed me off to pain management. My primary care ordered an MRI - after my leg went out -again- and I fell & suffered a concussion. It showed he totally messed up the surgery and now I have to go for another surgery to repair his surgery. He's burned out, and don't dare question him, he has a short fuse. Based on all the previous reviews, I wonder how many times he's be sued. Stay away.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Extremely quick to pass judgment. Won't let you speak and jumps to assumptions. Totally dropped the ball on my Mom's post op while she was in ICU he went out of town and his partner followed up then no one did. He told us "he didn't even know she was still in the hospital." Got irrate with me in front of my elderly Mom in her hospital room. Would not recommend him. His staff was great.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Frank J. Tomecek's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)