Ratings for Dr. Marco Garavaglia

I had surgery for spinal stenosis in March, 2017. An added problem was that I had a Laryngeal Chondrosarcoma. I was very nervous (as I had had no surgery for the last 50 years!!) but was happy that Dr. Garavaglia visited me early in the morning of my surgery. I felt secure and confident from that visit. The doctor has a good sense of humour - very important in "that line of work". Dr. Garavaglia combined technical expertise and the ability to connect with me and my family and he created a calm, safe environment in a short period of time. After a successful surgery he visited me again. What a guy!! I was fortunate to have him part of my team that day at Toronto Western Hospital.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I had a repeat microdisectomy in April 2017. Marco was my anesthesiologist. He came to introduce himself before my surgery. He made me feel so comfortable and at ease. He was pretty funny too!! We talked right until the point when he told me it was time to take a deep breath and he was there when I opened my eyes a couple of hours later. I felt completely confident going into the surgery and was so fortunate that he was part of my team at TWH.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I had a hemorrhoidectomy, which is one of the most painful surgeries you can have. I was extremely nervous and scared, and Marco was able to calm me down with a little chat reassuring me that I will be OK and he was able to take my mind of what I was dreading the most. When I woke up I felt no pain and a general feeling of soothed. He made sure to come back after the surgery to make sure that I was feeling OK and had no concerns. Marco made me feel very comfortable and made my experience much more pleasant. I would highly and wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Marco Garavaglia to any patient going under Anastasia

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Marco was my anesthesiologist amongst a team of surgeons and nurses who operated on me at Women's College hospital. He took the time to explain my anesthesia options and to answer any other questions I had, which I really appreciate. His sense of humor anaboed a more personal rapport and helped me relax (this was my very first surgery). From all the staff in the operating room, Marco was the only one who checked in on me after I woke up (I'm extremely disappointed in the surgeon who never showed up). I'm very pleased with Marco's work and would confidently recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Marco took care of me during my thyroid surgery at Women's College Hospital. He is compassionate, attentive and down to earth. Great doctor, you will be safe in his hands! Thanks again Dr. G! :)

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

It was a great experience. After we met, he told me he was from Milan, and I told hi that we would be there in November. Somehow, the subject of Barolo wine came up. He told me that he would add some in my intravenous! The next thing I knew I was in recovery. All was well, and after a few more hours I went home. Thank yoo Marco.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr. Garavaglia is a wonderful doctor. He was part of the team that performed the surgery on my knee at Toronto Western. He had a great bedside manner. I was really nervous prior to my procedure and he was able to make me laugh before I went under general anesthetic. I thank God for doctor's like this.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I was really fortunate to meet Dr. Marco during my spine surgery at Toronto Western Hospital. He's an amazing anesthesiologist, he is calm and makes you feel comfortable. Dr. Marco is an amazing doctor who really cares about his patients and it definitely shows this with his smile and great manner! Before to put me to sleep he told me "Just go lay on a warm beach in Mexico, enjoy a drink and I will see you in 2 hours. In the meantime I will take care of you"! I did it and I woke up with no pain! "Grazie" Dr. Marco for your kindness and professionalism! (By MS)

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Garavaglia during my pre admission for kidney stone surgery at St Michaels Hospital. He greeted us with a warm smile and a comforting spirit. This doctor, was so kind, engaging and reassuring about my surgery concerns, that I asked if he was going to be the anesthesiologist, for my surgery. He went out of his way to change his schedule to accommodate my surgery. On the day of my surgery-- the care, and attention to my well-being that I received from Dr Garavaglia, is how all doctors should be. He truly is a role model for exemplary patient care competency and compassion. In a world where so much negative abounds, where people find fault with so many aspects of the people and places around them, Dr Garavaglia stands out as a beacon of light. A 10/10, five gold stars and a big "grazie" to Dr Garavaglia.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Marco looked after my wife during her brain surgery at St. Michael's Hospital. He is a brilliant doctor, very professional and calming.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015