Ratings for Dr. Jung Hwa Lee

Worst doctor I have ever seen. She is very judgemental, rude, and aggressive. She should not be a doctor at the UofC, where students need doctors that are patient, understanding, and willing to listen. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

She is the worst doctor I have ever met. Very impatient, aggressive, and patronizing. I could not wait for the appointment to be over and I left feeling awful. I thought to give her the benefit of doubt and maybe she may have been having a bad day but judging by the other reviews that is not the case. Please do yourself a favour and find a different doctor. She may be a knowledgeable doctor but she has very poor people skills and does not know how to interact with patients.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Worst doctor ever! Saw me for literally less than a minute and overlooked a serious concern that required immediate medication. Did not care to listen. I saw a different doctor who diagnosed my condition and prescribed me the meds that were urgently required. What a waste of time and energy when the doctor does not even want to listen to a patient's concerns.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Disrepectful attitude and no sympathy or understanding towards the patient. How is she employed at the U of C?! You would think that they'd choose more decent doctors. The way she handled herself was as if she was doing me a favor, reluctantly, instead of trying to help me we a doctor. I had below avg temperature at the time I saw her now it higher than usual- she did not comment or prescribe medication

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Lacks any form of manners. Spoke extremely impatiently and made me feel like she couldn't care less about my concerns. On my second visit she pried into my future plans and told me that because of my mental stress I wouldn't make it into my chosen field. Who says things like that, especially after only knowing a patient for a grand total of 30 minutes over two visits. Even after I tried to change the subject, she kept pressing me to give up on my aspirations because I "wasn't mentally capable of handling the stress". The final straw was this third visit, when she didn't believe me when I said I was sick, and spoke down to me in a way that constantly made me feel like I was lying about my symptoms. Doesn't know how to be polite or sympathetic or comforting in any way. Makes you feel like you've done something wrong just by not agreeing with her. Avoid avoid avoid.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Awful experience. kept on saying she does not know.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Awful experience. Went to her reguarding depression and wanted some more insight of what next steps to take in case I needed medication. She not only offered no information, but she said 'I'm not going to ask if you are suicidal because I know you are not". How does someone assume that. And what if I was. This doctor has no knowledge and made me feel a lot worse after seeing her.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

I was completely shocked at the treatment I received from Dr. Lee. I went to see Dr. Lee as a follow up to a difficult miscarriage which ended in two days in the hospital. I had just moved which was why I was seeing a new doctor for the follow-up. I understand that Doctors have stressful and demanding jobs but her conduct lacked basic courtesy and manners. She was also very aggressive and impatient from the very beginning of the appointment. She became very frustrated with me when I didn't understand how she wanted me to answer her questions. I then tried to be more specific in how I answered her questions but then she started acting like it was a weird over-share of information. I really could not figure out what I was supposed to be doing in this appointment. I was trying to make sure I was doing the right things to recover from the blood loss I sustained and she just told me my lack of energy was in my head. The odd thing to me was, if it was in my head, why would she not be polite about it? She pried about my job repeatedly throughout the appointment which was very uncomfortable. She became so mean and aggressive I ended up just saying whatever I could think of to make the appointment end. I did not get the blood test through her as I did not want her to give me any further treatment if it became necessary. I have never experienced anything like this before.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015