Ratings for Dr. Christine Sloss

DBT is free at CAMH. Perhaps Dr. Sloss should spend more time talking about herself and more time on her clients issues. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Lacks empathy, oversells her skills and is greedy. Not only did her therapy not work, but she inflicted harm that required additional therapy with a qualified therapist. I learned the hard way that not all therapists are there to help their clients get better.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Christine helped me make it through some dark times and showed me how to improve my life. I did the DBT program and learned how to cope better instead of hurting myself and others because my emotions felt too impossible to deal with sometimes. I learned how to tell others how I felt instead of hurting myself to hurt them or burning every bridge I had. While the negative reviews surprise me, I can understand why this program would frustrate people. Christine and her team are tough. There were times that she felt inflexible or cold and it pissed me off. But it also helped push me out of behaviours and attitudes that were ruining my life and relationships and I had to remind myself that therapy isn't fun. She (and sometimes the group leaders) put her foot down when others just let me get away with it. While I sometimes hated them for that, I also now can appreciate it. I found the group as helpful as the individual therapy. I wish I had learned these strategies sooner. Christine cares about her clients and I trust her immensely. Thank you for everything.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

For the past 8 months, we have been using the therapy services of Broadview Psychology, spending countless thousands of dollars only to feel confused, insulted and unsupported by Dr. Sloss and some members of her team. Dr, Sloss has created a clinic that consists of a confusing, theoretical and impractical approach to DBT, poor communication with parents, badly trained and ineffective group facilitators, inexperienced therapists (there are some exceptions), AND the extensive use of unpaid interms (PhD candidates) to deliver high cost therapy which goes directly into Dr. Sloss's pocket. How sensitive and delightful of Dr. Sloss to talk about her family vacation to England with her 3 children, while her clients stay home trying to manage their very challenging teens with little support or tools to help them especially as they are forking out thousands of dollars a month for such absymal service. I wish I had trusted my instincts, read these reviews 6 months ago and pulled the plug before going through this nightmare for much of this past year.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

She has been very helpful & encouraging. I have not shared the same experience as those listed below.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Agree with the previous post from this year. She was not helpful. I wasted a lot of money and time. She took advantage of my emotional, psychological vulnerability and desperation to get well by being patronizing, critical and judgemental. She does not have a medical understanding of serious psychological disorders. She treated me like a child and made me feel worse about myself. Rather than frame my problems in terms of my disorder, she viewed them in isolation and characterized me as a terrible person. Save your time and money and find someone more experienced and compassionate - they do exist.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Christine Sloss is NOT an effective clinician for individuals dealing with clinical emotional dysregulation. She has coopted Dr. Marsha Linehan's DBT model without being effectively and competently trained to handle clinical cases. I think she can handle basic patients but not those who are on the higher / more extreme end of the spectrum of personality or mood disorders. She does not provide useful skills to her patients during one-on-one sessions, but rather prolongs the number of sessions for her her monetary gain. She is condescending and highly anxious. Try to find an MD or someone who is OHIP funded if you are seeking credible medical diagnosis and treatment plan. Christine Sloss is negligent and incapable of handling patients with real medical disorders. She actually does more harm by not informing her patients she cannot treat them.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

A terrible doctor. She just doesn't get it. Hopefully somebody else will offer DBT therapy because she does not understand this form of therapy. Not worth wasting your time with her no matter how desperate you are for treatment.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

Disorganized, and full of herself. If she really wants to give DBT she needs to learn to listen and treat the adolescent like a person.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

very dysfunctional and disorganized, definitely not worth your time.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015