Ratings for Dr. Yadvinder Dhaliwal

Dr. Dhaliwal was my G.P for 29+ yrs. back then I believed he was a good doctor. However as the years have passed and I spoke to more people about their experiences with different Doctors. I realized that Dr. Dhaliwal was lacking in a few areas. When he proformed my physicals they only included blood tests, he never checked my weight or proformed a physical exam. I didn’t know better since he was the only Doctor I saw since I was a child. Even when I was told this was unusual, I continued to see him. He, his wife and staff were always friendly and respectful. My only issue with the staff was that many of their hires did not speak English very well. I developed a very bad sore throat that would not go away for almost 3 weeks. When I saw Dr. Dhaliwal he prescribed an antibiotic and a green mouthwash to be used twice a day morning and evening. However my problem persisted, I developed a high fever and was taken to the ER. The ER doctor inquired about what I had been taking for the sore throat and I showed him the medication. He informed me that the antibiotics dose for for a small child not an adult and under no circumstances should I be using the mouthwash at night, since it can numb the tongue and cause suffocation during sleep. My wife was very upset but I brushed it off and continued to see Dr. Dhaliwal. When I suffered a major back injury all he would do was to prescribe muscle relaxers, he never examined me after my injury. I saw him every few months to refill my prescription since my back issues never resolved. I frequented the same pharmacy to fill my prescriptions and one particular day the pharmacist asked if I was sure this was the right prescription. I told her it should be muscle relaxants and she told me that wasn’t. What he had prescribed was for an antipsychotic. I was shocked, I never suffered from any mental health issues and if I needed medication like this Dr. Dhaliwal had an obligation to inform me. Had it not been for my pharmacist’s diligences, I would have blindly taken medication that would have likely harmed me. This was the last straw and I changed Doctors immediately. I didn’t want to make a fuss since I respected him but I refused to see a doctor who could make these kinds of mistakes. Since changing physicians, my back issues have improved and I have little need for muscle relaxers. I was also diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder that I likely had since I was a child but Dr. Dhaliwal never picked up on it. Though he is a nice man I can not say he’s a good doctor. I don’t know if it’s his age or he is just not competent. So please if he is your doctor make sure of what your being prescribed.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

No knowledge. Please help yourself not seeing him. Save taxpayer's money.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Worst does not come to close to how horrible Dr. Dhaliwal is. His staff and wife are the most unprofessional people I have come across. His wife think she runs the show, and she talks to the patients, when in actuality all this patients, including myself are here to see the doctor. They do not know how to speak to their patients, and are just rude. I was told to say "please and thank you" as I left the office because they claimed I was being rude to them. If anyone had to wait 45 minutes plus to see the doctor, nobody would be happy. He is the worst doctor ever, do not waste your time going to him as you will just come back disappointed. All they care about is making money, no patient value, nothing. THE WORST!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

i have known dr dhaliwal for a long time and his knowledge of medicine is very good indeed. he has taken very good care of my family and myself. thank you dr dhaliwal for everything. if you do take the time to read these messages i hope you don't take any notice of these selfish people who have nothing better to do. they just misusing this website for their own selfish "feel good" needs.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

His licence should be suspended for life. He is so unprofessional. He is all about money making doesn't really care for his patients needs. He needs take a class on therapeutic communication. I don't recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Very bad doctor staff is so unprofessional. Does not listen to the patient in fact make them more depressed. His license should be banned.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

Bad experience with this doctor. He does not even try to listen to the patients. My wife went through miscarriage and instead of checking further on what went wrong, he referred us to the stress relief seminar. My wife was asking him questions and he was ignoring all of them. Cruel joke. Not professional at all.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

worst, rudest doctor I have ever met. no humanity, no sensibility at all. don't ever go to this doctor if you have self respect.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014