Ratings for Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani

The best psychiatrist I've ever had in my 6 years of seeing them. I'm very sad that I won't be able to have him as my doctor anymore, it's been an incredibly positive experience.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr. Kasra is a great psychiatrist. One of the best I have ever met in my life. Thank you for everything doctor.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Very laid back, he gave an impression that he didn't care and he never gave help or advice that I felt I needed

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

WHY IS EVERYONE RATING HIM 5 STARS? I think that he was sort of dismissive of my issues and he didn't directly answer my questions sometimes

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Dr. Koochesfahani has been an invaluable resource for me in my recovery through depression. He has been an excellent resource in guiding me towards literature and film that has improved my insight on my life. He has also been an exceptional listener: I have had therapists in the past who respond to my psychological or philosophical questions with the common deflection of "What do YOU think?" whereas Dr. Koochesfahani has made strong efforts to provide me with good answers or parables that address the problems that I've had. I feel like he goes beyond treating me as a patient and more as a person and that makes a world of difference when recovering from any kind of psychological affliction. I feel incredibly fortunate to have received his treatment and feel that he has truly helped me in my personal growth.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Kasra for over a year and I have found these sessions with him significantly helpful in my mental health. he is very caring and the resources that he suggests are very helpful. he was always available if I was in a serious condition and I had to meet him and he would make sure we can meet as soon as possible. In general I highly recommend him and I believe he cares a lot for his patients.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Changed my approach to wellness. A rare find. Liked his office too.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

A very progressive and adaptive doctor. He knows that state of mind is relative to neurotransmitter balances and knows when things are out of control. He works very quickly to re-establish a comfortable mental space, tweaking things if they don't work while listening to your feedback, before taking other approaches to better benefitting the patient. He's very open and nice, with a lot of suggestions of things to think about beyond simply addressing your condition to overall improve your quality of life.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. K for the best part of three years and throughout this time I have had an overwhelmingly positive experience. Having seen numerous psychiatrists throughout my life, I feel that Dr. K is the only psychiatrist with whom I have felt comfortable enough to be truly honest about my issues. Each appointment feels as much like visiting a friend as it does visiting a psychiatrist which I feel diffuses a lot of the tension that might otherwise make me hesitant to share freely. Dr. K goes above and beyond what is required of him in order to provide an insightful perspective on my problems, often drawing on his own, personal experiences in life in order to explain his ideas more clearly. I feel that my opinions and insights are valued in our discussions and that I never leave an appointment without something interesting to think about that I can apply to my daily life. He sees medication as a useful tool to help deal with stubborn mental health issues, but I have never felt pressured to accept medication and my decision to forgo it in my treatment has been very well accommodated. Overall I feel Dr. K is a dedicated, caring individual and a passionate advocate for my success.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. K as a psychiatrist. He was dismissive of the issues I brought forth and put down the degree I was studying as "clearly people who choose to study this field are not quite healthy." He was also not very thorough in getting to know all of my history, how I dealt with emotions, and what I had done to this point in terms of therapy. Instead he asked very casual questions and thought himself able to make a very serious diagnosis after the first session. When I vehemently disagreed with him (I knew I did not meet the required number of criteria for the diagnosis,) and then calmly left after the session was over (while casually talking about the weather), he ran after me into the waiting room and asked if I would agree with having had that diagnosis previously and that I now was perhaps recovered. Avoid this doctor.

Submitted September 27, 2016