Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani

5 1 4.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani

Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani's Ratings

Dr. K is a very knowledgeable, patient, and caring psychiatrist. He takes the time to listen to concerns and will go above and beyond to ensure that all of my questions are answered. He really shows sincere care and compassion and encourages an overall healthy lifestyle. He pays attention to each and every problem and elicits required information using his immense medical knowledge. I respect him greatly for the level of professional and competent service he has provided me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2888105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

Dr. K is a great doctor. I've been his patient for about two years and he's helped me through a lot. He introduced me to mindfulness which has changed a lot of things in my life. He listens, is responsive, and very approachable whatever it is you want to talk about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2883416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2015

Dr. K is the most empathetic psychiatrist I have ever seen (and trust me, I've seen many!). He helps to find solutions to mental health issues through conversation, medication, and resource research.
I would recommend him to UofT students, but to others in the community as well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2869628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I saw this doctor a few times and felt from the start that he didn't react very appropriately to anything I said. He bluntly asked a lot of personal questions in the very first session and seemed to have only two facial expressions in response to all my answers: indifference and amusement. When I told him about a difficult experience from my past, he chuckled. He also did not seem very knowledgeable about medications and wasn't able to justify why he would choose one over another.

I found every session with Dr K to be off-putting. I would not recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2866173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

He recommended drugs almost immediately, has very slow reaction time, is generally unskilled in dealing with extreme emotional pain and went overtime every time (which meant I had to rearrange my day after). If you just need someone to listen call your family or friends. If you want a SKILLED therapist, this is not the guy for you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2862660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Dr Koochesfahani helped me togo through a very hard period. He is a great listener and by no means judgmental . I think he truly cares about his patients and that he has empathy toward us. I will definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2792741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr K helped me so much during my time at university. He was excellent at providing me with options for treatment of my disorder, not just within our sessions but through recommending support groups as well.
I cannot recommend him enough. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor to help me through this difficult point in my life.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2583836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. K for the past year to help myself deal with school and life issues. Dr. K is a very non-judgemental psychiatrist with a holistic approach to treatment. Every visit I had with him had always lead to discovering new things about my inner self, especially factors and experiences in my life that have lead to my initial consultation with Dr. K. He is a very open minded counsellor and telling him about my personal issues was very easy. I highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2556509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Dr. Koochesfahani is a warm and wise man with a depth of caring for his patients. My healing needs were not trauma related, but much more existential and deeply embedded in my life experiences and the unique aspects of my personality that I have difficulty expressing or being aware of. I suspect that many other doctors would not have had the perception or patience to recognize my pain or see my journey through.

I was often struck by how Dr. K brought his true self into the counselling room, including an honesty about his own struggles and life experiences. Other times, he used film, books and stories from his practice to help me shed light on my own tensions. Most of all, he offered his own humanity in a way that I desperately needed to recognize my own. And he did this in the context of a rigid, unyielding university bureaucracy.

During our 10 months together, he guided me through the difficult work of rediscovering my own story -- and, through that, opened up a pathway to reconnect with myself and the important people in my life. I am grateful, and I suspect you would be too.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2540188].votes_count ]]