Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani

You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani

Dr. K has been instrumental in helping me to recognize and overcome some issues in my personal life. He is attentive and sympathetic, and has a unique understanding of people from all walks of life. I would recommend him to any U of T student in need of an ear and a helping hand.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr. Koochesfahani is a very knowledgeable psychiatrist. He is very keen on asking questions about symptoms and interested in little details- ones I myself tend to overlook- in order to help me find the best medications for me. If I had concerns, he would always listen to them and react promptly with ideas of how to solve them. Dr. K is the most positive psychiatrist I've ever had. He's always pointing out how much progress I've made, as I'm sure he does with all his patients, which really helps during the times I need to remember my accomplishments and how well things are going. This in combination with his good sense of humor makes what could be a very uncomfortable visit to a doctor about very personal and private emotional and psychological issues a pleasant and rewarding experience. I feel like Dr. K really listens to me and cares for my well-being. I couldn't ask for anything more in a psychiatrist. I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking a psychiatrist with his qualities.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr. K is one of the most caring and knowledgable human beings I've ever met. I met him during a very dark time of my life and it's largely thanks to him that I am now back on the right track. Unlike his peers, his first and immediate "solution" isn't medication. His methodology is very sophisticated and focused on actually connecting with his patients in a meaningfully way. Despite being one of the most renowned and busy physicians in this field, he makes himself available in almost every way. I can writes pages and pages about my experiences with Dr. K, but for the sake of brevity I'll just end it here: he has changed my life for the better, and my only regret is why I didn't seek him out earlier. Finding the right psychiatrist isn't easy, but if you're looking, and can make an appointment with him, I strongly urge you to have a conversation with him and see how it goes.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Dr. K is a very knowledgeable, patient, and caring psychiatrist. He takes the time to listen to concerns and will go above and beyond to ensure that all of my questions are answered. He really shows sincere care and compassion and encourages an overall healthy lifestyle. He pays attention to each and every problem and elicits required information using his immense medical knowledge. I respect him greatly for the level of professional and competent service he has provided me.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Dr. K is a great doctor. I've been his patient for about two years and he's helped me through a lot. He introduced me to mindfulness which has changed a lot of things in my life. He listens, is responsive, and very approachable whatever it is you want to talk about.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Dr. K is the most empathetic psychiatrist I have ever seen (and trust me, I've seen many!). He helps to find solutions to mental health issues through conversation, medication, and resource research. I would recommend him to UofT students, but to others in the community as well.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I saw this doctor a few times and felt from the start that he didn't react very appropriately to anything I said. He bluntly asked a lot of personal questions in the very first session and seemed to have only two facial expressions in response to all my answers: indifference and amusement. When I told him about a difficult experience from my past, he chuckled. He also did not seem very knowledgeable about medications and wasn't able to justify why he would choose one over another. I found every session with Dr K to be off-putting. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

He recommended drugs almost immediately, has very slow reaction time, is generally unskilled in dealing with extreme emotional pain and went overtime every time (which meant I had to rearrange my day after). If you just need someone to listen call your family or friends. If you want a SKILLED therapist, this is not the guy for you.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr Koochesfahani helped me togo through a very hard period. He is a great listener and by no means judgmental . I think he truly cares about his patients and that he has empathy toward us. I will definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr K helped me so much during my time at university. He was excellent at providing me with options for treatment of my disorder, not just within our sessions but through recommending support groups as well. I cannot recommend him enough. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor to help me through this difficult point in my life.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K has been instrumental in helping me to recognize and overcome some issues in my personal life. He is attentive and sympathetic, and has a unique understan..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Koochesfahani is a very knowledgeable psychiatrist. He is very keen on asking questions about symptoms and interested in little details- ones I myself tend ..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K is one of the most caring and knowledgable human beings I've ever met. I met him during a very dark time of my life and it's largely thanks to him that..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K is a very knowledgeable, patient, and caring psychiatrist. He takes the time to listen to concerns and will go above and beyond to ensure that all of my q..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K is a great doctor. I've been his patient for about two years and he's helped me through a lot. He introduced me to mindfulness which has changed a lot of ..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K is the most empathetic psychiatrist I have ever seen (and trust me, I've seen many!). He helps to find solutions to mental health issues through conversat..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw this doctor a few times and felt from the start that he didn't react very appropriately to anything I said. He bluntly asked a lot of personal questions i..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He recommended drugs almost immediately, has very slow reaction time, is generally unskilled in dealing with extreme emotional pain and went overtime every time..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Koochesfahani helped me togo through a very hard period. He is a great listener and by no means judgmental . I think he truly cares about his patients and t..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr K helped me so much during my time at university. He was excellent at providing me with options for treatment of my disorder, not just within our sessions bu..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. K for the past year to help myself deal with school and life issues. Dr. K is a very non-judgemental psychiatrist with a holistic approac..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Koochesfahani is a warm and wise man with a depth of caring for his patients. My healing needs were not trauma related, but much more existential and deeply..."

September 17, 2014