You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani

I have been getting help from Dr Kasra for almost 4 years.He basically saved my life when I was in depression.He is really caring,helpful and kind person.He was always there when I was in need of help.Because of him,I could heal,complete my school and started becoming healthy again.He is one of the best doctors I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Kasra for about a year and a half during which time I discussed a lot of work related and personal problems I was facing. I found him to be a highly empathetic and caring person. He is a great listener and gives helpful advise. I feel he genuinely cares about his patients as evidenced by the fact that as long as the next patient hasn't yet come in, your '45' minute appointment can keep going on! He also sends follow up messages and checks in on you if he doesn't hear back from you.....which doctor does that nowadays ? A rare quality!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Life unfolds as a sequence of fulcrum points that, more often than not, go by without notice regardless of any resultant delectation or desperation. Truly formative experiences are a particular exception to inadvertent complacency; these moments afford salient connection between event and consequence. Having an opportunity to be under the care and guidance of Dr. Koochesfahani has been, without hyperbole, a singular event that will contextualize the rest of my life. I egregiously labored under the weight of mental illness through every life stage and was almost ubiquitously hamstrung to the point self-implosion. Working with Dr. K has afforded me the first glimpses of humanity, sustainable connection, and confidence in pursuing goals. He is genuinely invested in you, your treatment, and your quality of life. His inordinate medical knowledge and evidence-based approach affords you notable dexterity in the pursuit of self betterment. Dr. Koochesfahani is the platonic ideal of a mental health practitioner, anyone seeking help would exuberantly thrive under his care.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Submitted April 22, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. K for more than 1.5 years for treatment resistant depression. We had sessions almost every week. I can't even count how many times he was patiently listening to me and talking to me more than 2 hours(normally each session is supposed to be 45min) while he could spend his time doing something else. Whenever I needed help, he was always there willing to help.He is a dedicated doctor; he really cares about his patients and tries to understand what they are going through. Also, he is someone that you can trust and count on. He listens to you without judging and really tries to understand you. His treatment approach, expertise in latest treatment methods and his great personality truly saved my life. My last 1.5 years with Dr.K was a great journey with full of self-discovery, learning and motivation. Thanks to Dr.K, now I am feeling much better than before.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I came to Dr. K with some heavy issues that needed working through. My issues were cumulative rather than acute, and there was no immediate danger to myself or others. I just needed to talk things out. Past experience with CAPS at U of T followed a formulaic trend of recommending CBT and meds - not at all what I was looking for. I've been working with Dr. K for over a year and he's been immensely helpful, flexible, and and humane. He helped me work through my impasse and we continue to meet for 'maintenance'. On a few occasions he's asked to move appointments to deal with more acute / emergency cases and he clearly prioritizes his patients.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I do not recommend Dr. K. I came in looking for help with past sexual abuse and he actually asked me if I enjoyed it. He immediately prescribed multiple heavy medications even though I said I didn't want that. He often times was bored and took personal phone calls - once saying his "buddy" was meeting him for drinks after and he needed to plan that - so he took the call during session. He often alluded to the fact that I need to change my attitude. After six sessions, he outsourced me to a doctor way up in the north end and refused to see me again. Thanks for nothing. I have since found a psychotherapist and have been seeing this one for years now. I am now much better and living a fruitful life - no thanks to this quack.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. K has been instrumental in helping me to recognize and overcome some issues in my personal life. He is attentive and sympathetic, and has a unique understanding of people from all walks of life. I would recommend him to any U of T student in need of an ear and a helping hand.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr. Koochesfahani is a very knowledgeable psychiatrist. He is very keen on asking questions about symptoms and interested in little details- ones I myself tend to overlook- in order to help me find the best medications for me. If I had concerns, he would always listen to them and react promptly with ideas of how to solve them. Dr. K is the most positive psychiatrist I've ever had. He's always pointing out how much progress I've made, as I'm sure he does with all his patients, which really helps during the times I need to remember my accomplishments and how well things are going. This in combination with his good sense of humor makes what could be a very uncomfortable visit to a doctor about very personal and private emotional and psychological issues a pleasant and rewarding experience. I feel like Dr. K really listens to me and cares for my well-being. I couldn't ask for anything more in a psychiatrist. I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking a psychiatrist with his qualities.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr. K is one of the most caring and knowledgable human beings I've ever met. I met him during a very dark time of my life and it's largely thanks to him that I am now back on the right track. Unlike his peers, his first and immediate "solution" isn't medication. His methodology is very sophisticated and focused on actually connecting with his patients in a meaningfully way. Despite being one of the most renowned and busy physicians in this field, he makes himself available in almost every way. I can writes pages and pages about my experiences with Dr. K, but for the sake of brevity I'll just end it here: he has changed my life for the better, and my only regret is why I didn't seek him out earlier. Finding the right psychiatrist isn't easy, but if you're looking, and can make an appointment with him, I strongly urge you to have a conversation with him and see how it goes.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been getting help from Dr Kasra for almost 4 years.He basically saved my life when I was in depression.He is really caring,helpful and kind person.He was..."

May 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Kasra for about a year and a half during which time I discussed a lot of work related and personal problems I was facing. I found him to ..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Life unfolds as a sequence of fulcrum points that, more often than not, go by without notice regardless of any resultant delectation or desperation. Truly form..."

April 25, 2016

April 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. K for more than 1.5 years for treatment resistant depression. We had sessions almost every week. I can't even count how many times he was..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came to Dr. K with some heavy issues that needed working through. My issues were cumulative rather than acute, and there was no immediate danger to myself or ..."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I do not recommend Dr. K. I came in looking for help with past sexual abuse and he actually asked me if I enjoyed it. He immediately prescribed multiple heavy m..."

April 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K has been instrumental in helping me to recognize and overcome some issues in my personal life. He is attentive and sympathetic, and has a unique understan..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Koochesfahani is a very knowledgeable psychiatrist. He is very keen on asking questions about symptoms and interested in little details- ones I myself tend ..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K is one of the most caring and knowledgable human beings I've ever met. I met him during a very dark time of my life and it's largely thanks to him that..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K is a very knowledgeable, patient, and caring psychiatrist. He takes the time to listen to concerns and will go above and beyond to ensure that all of my q..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K is a great doctor. I've been his patient for about two years and he's helped me through a lot. He introduced me to mindfulness which has changed a lot of ..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K is the most empathetic psychiatrist I have ever seen (and trust me, I've seen many!). He helps to find solutions to mental health issues through conversat..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw this doctor a few times and felt from the start that he didn't react very appropriately to anything I said. He bluntly asked a lot of personal questions i..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He recommended drugs almost immediately, has very slow reaction time, is generally unskilled in dealing with extreme emotional pain and went overtime every time..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Koochesfahani helped me togo through a very hard period. He is a great listener and by no means judgmental . I think he truly cares about his patients and t..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr K helped me so much during my time at university. He was excellent at providing me with options for treatment of my disorder, not just within our sessions bu..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. K for the past year to help myself deal with school and life issues. Dr. K is a very non-judgemental psychiatrist with a holistic approac..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Koochesfahani is a warm and wise man with a depth of caring for his patients. My healing needs were not trauma related, but much more existential and deeply..."

September 17, 2014