Ratings for Dr. Kasra Koochesfahani

I have been seeing Dr. Kasra for over a year and I have found these sessions with him significantly helpful in my mental health. he is very caring and the resources that he suggests are very helpful. he was always available if I was in a serious condition and I had to meet him and he would make sure we can meet as soon as possible. In general I highly recommend him and I believe he cares a lot for his patients.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Changed my approach to wellness. A rare find. Liked his office too.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

A very progressive and adaptive doctor. He knows that state of mind is relative to neurotransmitter balances and knows when things are out of control. He works very quickly to re-establish a comfortable mental space, tweaking things if they don't work while listening to your feedback, before taking other approaches to better benefitting the patient. He's very open and nice, with a lot of suggestions of things to think about beyond simply addressing your condition to overall improve your quality of life.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. K for the best part of three years and throughout this time I have had an overwhelmingly positive experience. Having seen numerous psychiatrists throughout my life, I feel that Dr. K is the only psychiatrist with whom I have felt comfortable enough to be truly honest about my issues. Each appointment feels as much like visiting a friend as it does visiting a psychiatrist which I feel diffuses a lot of the tension that might otherwise make me hesitant to share freely. Dr. K goes above and beyond what is required of him in order to provide an insightful perspective on my problems, often drawing on his own, personal experiences in life in order to explain his ideas more clearly. I feel that my opinions and insights are valued in our discussions and that I never leave an appointment without something interesting to think about that I can apply to my daily life. He sees medication as a useful tool to help deal with stubborn mental health issues, but I have never felt pressured to accept medication and my decision to forgo it in my treatment has been very well accommodated. Overall I feel Dr. K is a dedicated, caring individual and a passionate advocate for my success.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. K as a psychiatrist. He was dismissive of the issues I brought forth and put down the degree I was studying as "clearly people who choose to study this field are not quite healthy." He was also not very thorough in getting to know all of my history, how I dealt with emotions, and what I had done to this point in terms of therapy. Instead he asked very casual questions and thought himself able to make a very serious diagnosis after the first session. When I vehemently disagreed with him (I knew I did not meet the required number of criteria for the diagnosis,) and then calmly left after the session was over (while casually talking about the weather), he ran after me into the waiting room and asked if I would agree with having had that diagnosis previously and that I now was perhaps recovered. Avoid this doctor.

Submitted September 27, 2016

Consultations with Dr. K have been central to a remarkable turnaround made in my mental health over the last year. His patience and creativity in establishing a suitable regiment of treatment have been exceptional in comparison to my experiences with other practitioners in the past. Further, he has been a critical and sympathetic ally in my attempts to interface my illness with my academics, having offered referrals to other on-campus services and even writing unprompted letters of support to my faculty's administration. Having had many more disappointing experiences with other mental health professionals, I feel very privileged to be among those who have been treated by Dr. Koochesfahani.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I agree with a previous reviewer that Dr. K has trouble responding to extreme emotional pain. I revealed an experience (sexual assault) that was clearly traumatic to me, but Dr. K only trivialized it and refused to acknowledge my feelings. In other instances as well, he reacted in ways I thought were inappropriate and borderline insulting to me. Also, he indulges in dubious Freudian concepts. Our sessions were occasionally interrupted by phone calls. I would not recommend Dr. K as a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

I have been getting help from Dr Kasra for almost 4 years.He basically saved my life when I was in depression.He is really caring,helpful and kind person.He was always there when I was in need of help.Because of him,I could heal,complete my school and started becoming healthy again.He is one of the best doctors I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Kasra for about a year and a half during which time I discussed a lot of work related and personal problems I was facing. I found him to be a highly empathetic and caring person. He is a great listener and gives helpful advise. I feel he genuinely cares about his patients as evidenced by the fact that as long as the next patient hasn't yet come in, your '45' minute appointment can keep going on! He also sends follow up messages and checks in on you if he doesn't hear back from you.....which doctor does that nowadays ? A rare quality!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Life unfolds as a sequence of fulcrum points that, more often than not, go by without notice regardless of any resultant delectation or desperation. Truly formative experiences are a particular exception to inadvertent complacency; these moments afford salient connection between event and consequence. Having an opportunity to be under the care and guidance of Dr. Koochesfahani has been, without hyperbole, a singular event that will contextualize the rest of my life. I egregiously labored under the weight of mental illness through every life stage and was almost ubiquitously hamstrung to the point self-implosion. Working with Dr. K has afforded me the first glimpses of humanity, sustainable connection, and confidence in pursuing goals. He is genuinely invested in you, your treatment, and your quality of life. His inordinate medical knowledge and evidence-based approach affords you notable dexterity in the pursuit of self betterment. Dr. Koochesfahani is the platonic ideal of a mental health practitioner, anyone seeking help would exuberantly thrive under his care.

Submitted April 22, 2016