Ratings for Dr. Michael R. Sperling

Dr. Sperling was great with my fiancé. For YEARS my fiancé suffered from horrible grand mal seizures and finally I was able to talk him into making an apt to see Dr. Sperling at Jefferson. My fiancé then met with a brain surgeon, had tons of testing done at the hospital and eventually had a right Temporal Lobectomy. That was 2 1/2 years ago, since then my fiancé has not had ONE SEIZURE. he went from having multiple in one day at least once/twice a month to having ZERO. it was the best decision he has ever made. We are so thankful he's able to have his life back. (he's only 33 years old)

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr Sperling is never on time. The last time I went to see him I had to wait 2 1/2 hours in one of those small waiting rooms for him. They said he was doing rounds in the hospital. I always have to wait for him. I had an EEG done that morning and after waiting 2 1/2 hours when he came into the room he said he did not have the time to read the EEG. Someone from his office would call me the next day. He is very arrogant. He makes you wait for him. I have heard his staff tell other patients that they are more than 15 minutes late their appointment has been cancelled. He makes you wait at least 45 minutes but if you are late he refuses to see you. He is very bad about sending the results to the tests he performs to your General Practitioner.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Consistently 1 hour late even for his first appointment of the day. Took a phone call during my appointment today. Has little to no awareness of how much of an arrogant explative he comes off as. Prescribed a medication for seizures as "a shot in the dark." Required prompting to explain side effects and efficaciousness of medication.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr.Sperling supposedly has this reputation of being a great Neurologist and I really dont understand why? Maybe he is smart and knows his stuff but he seems very rushed and like he has somewhere better to be when I have seen him. The few times I have gone to see him I had to wait for over an hour, and then when he finally does come in to talk to me he spends 15minutes tops talking to me, trying to pursade me to get brain surgery. Like its no big operation like I would just be going in the hospital to get my teeth pulled. I dont recommend him, he'll just tell you to get brain surgery.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

Dr. Michael R. Sperling's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

HIP