Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Ma

If you have a child with special needs, don't bother going to this dentist. His only solution to any dental work is sedation because all the crying "bothers" the other patients. This is exactly what was said to our child with autism. Don't let the office tell you otherwise this place is not accommodating of special needs at all. The environment of the clinic means more to them than the medical need of a child. The "specialist" they referred us to had the same approach. I found two dentists that had the right equipment, place and staff to accommodate us. I would never recommend this place to anyone. It's a spa not a dental clinic.

Submitted September 4, 2016

Dr. Jeffrey Ma's response
Hello, we remember you very well because your son is absolutely adorable and we all loved him! Of course we understand your frustration when you bring your son, as well as his care-worker, to an appointment where the work is not completed. We would like to clarify, however, that we did discuss with you at the initial consultation appointment, that we would try our best to treat your son without sedation, and that sedation may be recommended. We did also discuss that we are not specifically a special-needs clinic, even though you were recommended to us by another family with a child with autism. I would like to personally apologize to you for not reviewing that in even more detail, right away, so that we could have avoided this situation completely. We are a family dental clinic with a special emphasis on providing comfortable dental care to our patients. We absolutely will not force your son or anyone else to receive treatment in a negative manner involving crying, resisting, or fear. We do not have equipment such as straps, restraints, or "closed doors" to treat patients. We will not use any restraining techniques to treat patients. These are our values and we take pride in them. We are very glad to hear that you have found clinics more suitable to what you are looking for and to provide dentistry to your son. He definitely brightened our day both times he was in, and we wish him all the best.

Submitted October 18, 2016

My family and I have seen DR.Ma for the past year. He is amazing!!! Professional yet relational. He makes you feel so comfortable and all my procedures have been painless. It amazes me how I cannot feel needles that he does!!! His staff is great with us and with the kids. They play with them while we are getting work done. The prices are great and the work Dr. Ma does is exceptional. I'm so happy I found such a great dentist!!! Even my kids love going there and my 5 year had a cavity. She had a great experience and keeps asking to go back :-). I would definitely recommended Dr. Ma, especially if you are into holistic approaches, have kids, or experience anxiety when going to the dentist.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey Ma's response
What a kind review! We do have a lot of patients that comment on the painless injections that Dr. Ma gives. We love seeing your family, it's really the best part of our job. Thanks for noticing that our fees are low - we actually follow the Alberta Blue Cross fee guide quite closely. Andrea

Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr.Ma saw my daughter on Saturday evening for an emergency exam. When I contacted him he said he would come in right away and was very reassuring. We met him at the office and he was able to temporarly fix the problem so that my daughter wasnt in pain for the rest of the weekend. What a relief! I really didnt know what to do and Dr.Ma took care of my family - thank you for taking time away from your weekend to help us.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey Ma's response
We really pride ourselves on providing care to our patients, especially in emergencies! We actually have a new policy to ALWAYS see patients with emergencies on the same day.

Submitted October 18, 2016

Jeff is thorough in his exams and has a gentle "bedside manner." He has time to answer any questions I have and explain further if need be. You can tell he really tries hard to make you feel comfortable. Great assistants & office staff as usual. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey Ma's response
Thank you for your nice comments about Dr. Ma and our whole team. We value your recommendations about us. Jennifer

Submitted October 17, 2016

Fantastic staff at this office! My kids were well taken care of by everyone here.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey Ma's response
Thank you! Taking care of your entire family is our goal. Jennifer

Submitted October 17, 2016

Dr Jeff took the time to inform me and make sure I knew my options without pressuring me into any unnecessary work. I felt very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey Ma's response
We really take pride in explaining all your options to you fully. Thank you for your review. Jennifer

Submitted October 17, 2016

A great experience from the entire staff...and wow! What a painless needle, Dr. Mah knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey Ma's response
Hi there, thanks so much for noticing how much work we put into wowing you with a great experience! We certainly do try to make your experience as pain free as possible. Jennifer

Dr. Jeffrey Ma's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jeffrey Ma moved to Calgary from the West Kootenays, where he was introduced to the concepts of whole-body health and wellness. He was born in Banff (to which he credits his love of the mountains!) and received his BSc. in Biological Sciences at the University of Alberta in 2005, then trained at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, being awarded a Doctor of Dental Surgery in 2010 . Dr. Ma is dedicated to providing dental care to improve the health of the whole body, mind, and spirit. He is passionate about using the latest research and technology to guide healthcare treatment, and attends many Continuing Education courses to stay current, as well as being an active member in the Calgary and District Dental Society, Alberta Dental Association and College, and the Canadian Dental Association. Dr. Ma has a special interest in orthodontics, as well as CEREC ceramic dentistry. Since moving to Calgary, Dr. Ma, his wife, and his son have enjoyed the opportunity to ski, hike, and camp in the Rockies. Dr. Ma often jokes that if he weren't a dentist, he would be a ski bum! He also takes an interest in anything with an engine and wheels.

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2010)