Ratings for Dr. Scott Spear

Dr Spear was the best !!!! I can't believed he passed away. :(

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Scott Spear is the most amazing surgeon! I would strongly recommend him to anyone! I had a very unfortunate experience with breast augmentation. I had a complication called capsular contracture where scar tissue forms around the implant and distorts the breasts making it hard and painful. I had multiple surgeries to attempt to correct this issue from a prior surgeon. All were unsuccessful and I was in physical and emotional pain for years. Then I found Dr. Scott Spear who gave me my hope back. I underwent surgery and I was not disappointed! Dr. Spear did an amazing job restoring my breasts and giving me my life back. I am finally free to live a normal life free from embarrassment and pain. Dr. Scott Spear is an internationally recognized leader in plastic and reconstructive surgery, annually been named one of the Best Doctors in America, published extensively on Plastic Surgery and has taught and lectured for many years. He is a true professional, humble, confident and truly cares about his patients. His RN Lisa Grollman and Executive Assistant Sonia Alexander are truly amazing! They helped me so much! They are both so professional and extremely caring. They responded promptly to me whenever I needed their assistance. I learned too late after the fact that capsular contracture has a very high complication rate and is one of the worst complications of breast surgery. However, in Dr. Spear’s hands and with his technique whether it is initial surgery or reconstruction he has close to a perfect success rate. He is truly worth traveling to for surgery or at least a consultation. You won’t be sorry. It may save you years of grief and you will be so pleased with the results! THANK YOU Dr. Scott Spear! I will always be so GRATEFUL!!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I can't imagin any body better than Dr Spear in his field.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Dr. spear changed my life. After 2 botched surgeries by other surgeons, he was able to almost completely repair my chest using cutting edge techniques. I am so grateful to him, and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I am shocked to read the negative and neurotic rantings of some of Dr. Spear's Patients. I have had more than three very successful operations to reconstruct my face and was so pleased I recommended him to cancer patients and other patients requiring expert surgery. Dr. Spear has performed clef palate and other surgeries on disadvantaged children for no fee. I have personally worked in situations where my female co-workers were obsessed with their bodies and had as many as 4 revisions on the same procedure to satisfy a neurotic compulsion. I am convinced that the patients who are leaving negative comments perhaps need mental therapy not plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I saw Scott Spear for Breast reconstruction following a breast cancer diagnosis and mastectomy. My entire experience with him was a nightmare and possibly the worst part of my life threatening diagnosis. At the consultation Dr. Spear gave me the impression that I would come in for surgery with two breasts and leave with 2 breasts. What I left with was a total monstrosity. I had the surgery completely redone 2 years later by a wonderful and competent plastic surgeon. This was after living not only deformed but in excruciating pain every day. Thank goodness I found the right doctor to cosmetically repair the botched up job that Scott Spear did. He also released the muscle over the implant (which was much too large for me and did not match my remaining breast at all) when he put he new implant in. He was a lifesaver. However Scott Spear left me with pemenant damage which can never be repaired. He did not use an expander, but instead inserted a very large implant under my very thin chest muscle. I live with a certain degree of PTSS and as long as I live I will try to save other women from this incompetent doctor. He is an arrogant, ingorant fool who has no concept of the trauma of a breast cancer diagnosis.

Submitted December 26, 2014

I work in the medical field, and I have to tell you that I am so blessed to have been able to have Dr. Spear do my surgery. I had a very bad experience else where. His "team" is amazing as he is. Thank you Dr. Spear. GO TEAM SPEAR

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Dr. Spear is one the most arrogant doctors I have ever met and I have met quite a few. His staff is helpful and perhaps they can teach him a lesson or two on how to treat people who are going through a life trauma. I am amazed that Georgetown would not address this issue with Dr. Spear. Georgetown is a Jesuit University and their motto is to treat the whole person. I think Dr. Spear needs to get over his "God" complex and learn how to not only deal with the physical aspects of the surgery, but also the emotional aspect. I am very dissapointed with Dr.Spears lack of respect and concern for his patients empotional needs and his short and curt answers.

Submitted August 16, 2012

Dr. Spears and his staff are the most helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, caring group in the field. I am so glad I found them. They made my breast cancer transformation better than expected.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr Spear is the best!!! He did several procedures on me and he is an artist!!He did a super job on my breast augmentation . I will be back!!!! !

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Dr. Scott Spear's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)