Ratings for Dr. David J. Rae

I saw Dr. Rae for an excisional biopsy of a breast lump. My initial consultation with him was positive; he sat down when talking to me, was friendly, attentive, answered all my questions, and put me at ease about the surgery. afterwards, he gave me adequate pain meds. My followup was very poor. The tech took my temp orally immediately after watching me take a sip of coffee, it was 101, which she charted. When I commented that that wasn't accurate and asked about taking it by another method she replied, "It's ok, no one looks at those anyway." No. Joke. I was floored. Then when Dr. Rea entered the exam room things went very badly. He didn't check my chart before entering the room, didn't know my name or what I'd had done and had to ask. He examined me from the wrong side, making fully take off my gown. Said "Looks fine" And then left without asking if I had any problems. I felt VERY uncomfortable during the exam, he treated me like a chore, then left. And my scar is knotted and uneven.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

Wonderful MD! Great background from Mayo Clinic; good experience but young and progressive. Listens well and knows how to explain technical issues clearly. Friendly and considerate. I had a good outcome from a full right-side mastectomy. Very attentive during hospital stay. Good follow-up care. Very helpful staff. Would recommend without reservation for any surgery he lists.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012