Ratings for Dr. Michael C. Herts

I found Dr. Herts very helpful. I came for help with depression and anxiety because of a horrible incident years ago. The receptionist made me feel welcome. Dr. Herts greeted me in the lobby with a smile. He initially got background information, then he listened. I could tell he really cared. He also taught me stuff I needed to know that helped me deal with it. Over time my panic attacks went away, I now I am feeling a lot better. I am not always on edge anymore, I can relax again. It has been a while since I saw him, but I am really glad I did.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I enjoy going to see Dr. Herts because of him and the staff. Dr. Herts has really helped me get through a lot of issues that I couldn't on my own. He makes sure that he doesn't discuss anything inappropriate or vulgar. He definitely has my best interest at heart. I really appreciate the fact that he will pray with me if I ask him to. And sometimes he'll ask me if he can pray with me. He's a great counselor and I'm so blessed that God led me to Dr. Herts!!! I would recommend him to my family and friends and even strangers if I have the chance.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. Herts was professional, knowledgable, and was very caring. He helped me through a time when I was very depressed, and I am doing much better now. I highly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Dr. Herts spent the entire time for both visits talking about himself, telling stupid jokes, and giving advice. I made appointment because I needed help - I do NOT need to hear him tell me about the Virginia College plan, or which lawyer to use for a divorce, or how his wife is a pediatrician or that they were a military family or how many states they have lived in. I do not need to know that his son plays soccer on a traveling team or what fields he has played. I do NOT need to know that he has a part-time job elsewhere or that he has taught college courses. I don't care what his wife's rank was or how many AA groups he led or what his previous work experiences and locations were. I don't need to know what books to read or how much of an expert he is in substance abuse or that everyone at the last clinic where he worked in Williamsburg was a substance abuser except him. I needed someone who could listen. Someone who cared enough to shut up and help me work through the trauma.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012