Ratings for Dr. Paul B. Brown

Due to the widespread drug epidemic & suffering with arthritis getting appropriate​ treatment was impossible until I began seeing Dr Brown. Such a respectful person and pleasant manner made seeing him a relief ! He is willing to refer you if needed and Not once in the 9 yrs I've been seeing him have I ever left his office feeling like I need to find someone else. If your able to get in to see Dr Brown take advantage of this time and be honest about whats going on with your past experiences with doctors & other treatments youve already had. It will help him to help you. Maybe a referral? He knows everyone & their the best in their field. Dr. Brown has made it possible for me to have the quality of life I used to dream about. His staff are excellent, personable and very helpful. Thank you so much Dr Brown & your staff H. Cady

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Please! A good referral similar to Paul Brown ASAP

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Terrible. Two very brief appoints cost over $600-payment up front. Labs cost over $1000 more and were never discussed. No history taken. Inaccurate office notes. No diagnosis offered. I've seen numerous rheumatologists since 2000 with huge confusion over symptoms and labs so I had high hopes that the famous Dr. Brown might be able to alleviate my suffering. NOPE. Didn't even try. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr. Brown for a bit more than 10 years, finally finding a physician who is knowledgeable, compassionate and open to different forms of treatment has been my saving grace. My experience with the illness' that I've been living with and the doctors I've reached out to for help has been a long and grueling one to say the least. Some doctors treat you as if you are drug seeking while others just seem to collect patients via their prescription writing abilities. Thanks to Dr.Brown the scans and other necessary lab work as well as referrals to other specialists, I have finally received treatment that has made a positive difference in my life and my family's life as well. Being sick and treated poorly is a frustrating and depressing experience. It feels good to finally feel better after so many years of not.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

April 16, 2014. I have been Dr. Paul B. Brown's patient for 11 years. I am very satisfied with his care and practice and his staff. He has been very supportive. Only one problem with the office that really needs solving. They do not use the internet at all. This is really behind the times and makes communication, forwarding records, etc. difficult. This office really needs to get with the times. They moved locations almost 2 yrs ago to 901 Boren #1920, Seattle, WA 98104 and have not even managed to correct their address online. This problem really needs to be corrected. Tina Peterson

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

flag | Submitted December 21, 2013

Dr. Paul B. Brown is one of the finest doctors I've ever seen. I gained more in 15 minutes with him then 10 months with another rheumatologist in a different location. Based on my records and his exam, he quickly and accurately confirmed my diagnosis and set-out a treatment plan that finally makes some sense. After I asked, he didn't hold back in saying my condition is advanced with poor prognosis. Although this is difficult to hear, it is much better than wading through the muddy waters I've been experiencing with other doctors. I will see him in a few weeks to evaluate the effectiveness of his treatment plan. For those of us with rheumatoid arthritis, finding a doctor who is highly skilled and compassionate is quite the challenge. If you have an opportunity to see this outstanding physician, who has been consistently voted among the top doctors in Seattle and the USA, do yourself a favor and make an appointment.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Although Dr Brown is caring, it is strange to me that he only spends 5 minutes with me and then writes a script for pain medication. While this was helpful, I was extremely angry when I discovered that after tapering down to virtually no methadone, I still went into withdrawal for 2+ weeks. I should have been informed of this--I would never have taken the medication.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

Dr. Brown is a wonderful caring doctor that I would recommend to anyone who feels that it's useless to go to a doctor. I had gone to several other doctors often leaving feeling like I was going crazy because of my severe pain. One Dr told me I had the flu to 2 years!! Dr. Brown ran extensive tests and scans and diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. Together we found medications that I could take to make my life much much better!! I know I'm not crazy and it's great to have a Doctor that will listen to you and do everything he can for you. He truly cares for his patients. The staff is wonderful!!! He and his staff are rated a 10 in my eyes!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Dr.B has literally saved my life. If it's possible to die from pain, I would be long dead without his knowledgeable guidance, compassion, support and faith. Like the frog put in a pot of warm water and left to cook, I didn't feel the pain creeping up till, like the frog who forgot to jump out, I couldn't manage my life. Together with Dr. Brown, we have researched and experimented with various drugs and doses till I became able to live again. I deeply admire and respect this man. Dr. Brown clearly respects and cares about his patients. Unlike other doctors, he does not dismiss you because you are emotional, scared or confused. Unlike other docs, if one drug doesn't work, he will keep trying to find one that does. Unlike other docs, it's not a contest to see who's boss. It's a wonderful team and everyone is there to help you win and lead a satisfying life.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. Paul B. Brown's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1975)