Ratings for Dr. Kishwar Jamal

Have been dealing with Dr Jamal for years. She is compassionate, personable, and knowledgeable. She was able to diagnose my illness, when others had only looked at symptoms... Can absolutely recommend her!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

She is an excellent doctor and has excellent bedside manner. She has been my doctor for about 4 years. She has never brushed me off when I try to tell her my symptoms like the other doctors have -- they usually just give me antibiotics and send me away. She actually cares and wants to help, and listens to try to come up with a solution instead of just pushing pills on me. And when i'm concerned about something, she checks it out for me instead of just ignoring me and telling me not to worry like the other doctors. The ONLY negative thing I can write about here is that her staff is HORRIBLE. I can barely ever get through the phone lines. Earlier this year, I had to There is 1 lady who has been there since day 1, and she is super awesome and friendly, so no complaints about her...but the other staff - it's like they keep getting worse and worse! The staff that are there now (as of Aug 25, 2017 which is when I dealt with them last) are so horrible that i'm actually considering changing doctors just because of the staff - they are that bad. I had to go to a walk-in clinic earlier this week to have my arm checked out for a painful lump the size of a grape that showed up out of nowhere, and was sent for an ultrasound and then an xray yesterday. Insight medical told me to call my doctor's office to let her know she was being CC'd on the results so she would know why they were coming since she wasn't the one who sent me for them, and if there was cause for concern, for her to contact me. I called and called and called and it kept saying they were busy dealing with other patients so please leave a message and they would call back (I have done that in the past and no one ever calls me back). So since I was on the west end, I decided to just pop in...I walked in and the girl at the desk was playing on her phone, and seemed pretty irritated that I walked up to her desk to disturb her, and before I could even say anything, she told me to go check in at the other desk. I told her I didn't have an appointment, that I was told by insight medical to just let my doctor know she was going to be CC'd on some results so she would know they were coming and why so could she please just let the doctor know. The girl got super annoyed with me and told me to just go to the front desk and book an appointment. I asked her if she could not just pass along the message to my doctor because I planned to follow up with the walk-in clinic doctor since he sent me for the tests and I could see him sooner than Dr.Jamal...well apparently she misunderstood what I said went on a rant to me, in front of everyone in the waiting room, about how insight should always be CC'ing the doctor on any results and that it's the LAW that they are required to send them the result...it's the LAW, it's the LAW, so why didn't I make sure they sent them the results, etc...like if I did something wrong and she was reprimanding me for it!!! I said YES they were sending the doctor the results, that's what I SAID, which is why i was there to let them know. So then she said in a super annoyed tone: "well then what are you doing here for then?" Like...REALLY!?? And then she rolled her eyes at me and said she would let the doctor know. I don't think i've ever been so angry at a doctor's office before. I couldn't even stand talking to her, I walked out. Luckily at least i'll be able to deal with the walk-in doctor when he gets the results of the xray Monday or Tuesday. Normally I wouldn't have any hesitation scheduling with Dr.Jamal but normally can take about a week for an appointment so I had to go to the walk-in clinic earlier this week and will follow up with that same doctor. I really love Dr.Jamal - she is wonderful, but the staff is seriously so bad that I really don't know if I will stay there, I might have to find a new doctor. I don't know if she even realizes how horrible her staff really is, since she is in the back and we are the ones that have to deal with them. When calling to book an appointment, I always have to call several times in a day, sometimes over a few days, because the voicemail thing always comes on saying they are busy with other patients, which is really annoying. Sometimes I get them and they put me on hold and then disconnect - that has happened a few times also.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

I came to her as I was looking for a new doctor. She seams okay, but I would not call her friendly in any way what so ever. She never smiles, and rarely acknowledges your attempt to engage her. I think she is over compensating for her race and gender and as a result comes across as stiff, overly professional, and a little arrogant. She appears to have very little compassion, and does make you feel like your concerns are small or silly. She spend way to much time on her laptop and rarely looks you in the eye. I'm not really happy with her and continue to look for another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I am expecting my first child. I was misdiagnosed, blood work that should have been done was missed, and a month went by without her contacting me about my ultrasound, which had issues. It wasn't even her that informed me, but my OB. Because of this delay, I missed the opportunity for an amniocentesis.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Very comfortable visits and wants to help. Would highly recommend

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Jamal for about 4 years. I find her very knowledgable and helpfull. Annual physicals need to be booked at least 6 months in advance probably due to staff requirements. She only books physicals one or two days per week as they require a third party as a witness for liability issues.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Jamal is the best family doctor I've ever had. She is the only doctor in 10 years who has properly treated my auto-immune disorder. She was incredibly supportive throughout my pregnancy and maternity leave. She's warm and kind and I've had nothing but positive experiences with her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

This doctor is horrid!! I must say she did see me on time for my appointment but rushed in, and started typing on her computer. Didn't introduce herself.. didn't give me the time of day!!! I expressed my concern to her and her response was to book a physical and we will discuss my concern then!!! She also made me feel dumb when I told her my last physical was 3 years ago. She spent more time discussing the amount of money I would pay if I didn't show to my appointment. Stay clear!!! She is awful.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Always on time and caresabout how I am doing!I highly reccommend.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Even though we always have an appointment, we are NEVER seen right away. Average wait time past appointment is half an hour. Her staff and most of the others in reception are rude and have no idea what they are doing ( Apart from one lady who's been there since day one who is extremely friendly and polite). Can never get in for an appointment even though you call several weeks ahead so are forced to make it with an alternate doctor. Then once you finally do get in to see her she makes an issue of how long it's been since she saw you. Duh, then maybe you should have available appointments. Lots more issues which I couldn't be bothered to type. Suffice it to say I am in the process of finding a new doctor but definitely NOT one associated with this clinic.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016