Ratings for Erika Kalke

I was incredibly pleased with her services. Before my first visit I was supplementing with formula and using a nipple shield she was able to get me off both. She was personable, knowledgeable and punctual. I would recommend her services to other new mother's.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I had a bit of a wait (about 3 weeks) before I could get in to see her for my initial appointment, and she was a bit of a drive away for me, but I've heard from several moms that she is the best lactation consultant, so I decided to wait. She really was good at what she does and was very knowledgeable. I had problems with my milk supply during my first month post-partum and she created a plan that worked for me. She supported my baby's pediatrician's plan of formula supplementation...as long as baby is happy and fed! Eventually I was able to exclusively breastfeed. She even helped my baby get full feeds to go longer between feeds rather than just "snacking" on a little bit of milk very frequently. Erica wasn't judgmental and was warm and supportive. She took her time with us during our appointments. If my next baby has any issues feeding, I will for sure be going back to her.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I came to Erica at a really tough point in my new momma life. My milk supply was extremely low and baby and I weren't able to get a latch. My dream was to exclusively breast feed and Erica helped me through creating new goals. She is supportive, very knowledgeable and was a friend when I needed one most!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Although Erika may be knowledgeable in her area of expertise, she needs to sinless talking at you and do more listening. I found my appointment with her to be rushed and unorganized. She didn't listen to the big picture and came across as arrogant. Her advice was impractical for a newborn unless you magically lucked out with a dream baby that puts itself to sleep drowsy but awake at 3 weeks of age. Her breastfeeding plan (notes) were a disorganized mess that left me with my head spinning. I think she'd be well advised to work on her bedside manner and the delivery of her knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

She doesn't know enough. There was an error with her scale, which caused undue stress. No apology. She pushed formula. Even suggesting that she could make a bottle right then. For a I BCLC her ethics are not quite right. Saw my midwife and 2 different LC's soon after and there was no real concern with weight gain. Incompetence and arrogance at its finest. I am in the breastfeeding community and I cannot recommend her because I would be potentially putting babies at risk of malpractice. Not good.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Expensive consultation fee for less than 15 minutes of check up which I could have done for free with other lactation consultants

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Although very knowledgeable, I found Erica to be quite arrogant. She never remembered why I was there or what my baby's situation was. She could have reviewed her chart prior to seeing us. She even incorrectly calculated my baby's weight gain. Her suggestions were often impractical with a newborn. I would recommend that new Moms carefully document their baby's weight and take her suggestions with a grain of salt.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Erica is absolutely fantastic. I owe it to her that I am breastfeeding my son today. She is incredibly helpful, never judgemental, patient and (obviously) smart. Weekly appointments with Erica got us through an incredibly tough first six weeks. I can't thank her enough.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

We were recommended Erika by a nurse after I had my baby. She helped a lot for my son tongue tie and my my boobs as well. She knows what she is doing and I will recommend her to anyone who has same problem that we had.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Erica is amazing, she is very knowledgeable and a highly skilled professional. Could not agree more to the previous comment. I was quite desperate when we were advised to see luctation consultant Erica was like a breath of fresh air. she helped us to solve many problems like i was using a nipple shield until my son was three month old,after the visit it was gone for good the same day, low milk supply- now with the help of pills it is back to normal,latching problem... I highly recommend her as specialist, you and your little one will not regret it!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013