Ratings for Erika Kalke

She doesn't know enough. There was an error with her scale, which caused undue stress. No apology. She pushed formula. Even suggesting that she could make a bottle right then. For a I BCLC her ethics are not quite right. Saw my midwife and 2 different LC's soon after and there was no real concern with weight gain. Incompetence and arrogance at its finest. I am in the breastfeeding community and I cannot recommend her because I would be potentially putting babies at risk of malpractice. Not good.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Expensive consultation fee for less than 15 minutes of check up which I could have done for free with other lactation consultants

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Although very knowledgeable, I found Erica to be quite arrogant. She never remembered why I was there or what my baby's situation was. She could have reviewed her chart prior to seeing us. She even incorrectly calculated my baby's weight gain. Her suggestions were often impractical with a newborn. I would recommend that new Moms carefully document their baby's weight and take her suggestions with a grain of salt.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Erica is absolutely fantastic. I owe it to her that I am breastfeeding my son today. She is incredibly helpful, never judgemental, patient and (obviously) smart. Weekly appointments with Erica got us through an incredibly tough first six weeks. I can't thank her enough.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

We were recommended Erika by a nurse after I had my baby. She helped a lot for my son tongue tie and my my boobs as well. She knows what she is doing and I will recommend her to anyone who has same problem that we had.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Erica is amazing, she is very knowledgeable and a highly skilled professional. Could not agree more to the previous comment. I was quite desperate when we were advised to see luctation consultant Erica was like a breath of fresh air. she helped us to solve many problems like i was using a nipple shield until my son was three month old,after the visit it was gone for good the same day, low milk supply- now with the help of pills it is back to normal,latching problem... I highly recommend her as specialist, you and your little one will not regret it!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Erika helped me out with my OBVIOUSLY tongue tied son when 3 other doctors told me nothing was wrong with him. She immediately performed a frenectomy on him, I only wish I would have heard of her when he was first born and then I would not have had such problems breastfeeding and constant mastitis! You do not need a referral to see her, just call her office. Erika was very approachable, a true teacher and took her time with me and my son. After the frenectomy she continued to remain in the exam room with me to re-teach me how to feed him now that his tongue could actually move. The staff also were fantastic and squeezed me into a cancellation as my son was almost at the 6 month point and too old for her to perform the in office frenectomy. I recommend her to everyone in order that no mother of a tongue tied baby will be pushed away again. Spread the word! :)

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013