Ratings for Dr. Seema Koria

I will miss Dr. Ginter, even though I was under his care for only 2 years. Having said that, I cannot imagine a more capable, knowledgeable, patient or charming Doctor to fill his shoes. Dr. Koria is terrific and I hope she enjoys and serves Ajax for many years to come. Great work both of you. John D

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

What a great doctor. She is attentive, patient and her knowledge is up-to-date.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I bring my children and an older family member to Dr. Koria and she is very professional and personable with them, as well as with me. She is very knowledgable and provides great advice and feedback regarding our eye health.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr Koria performed a thorough eye exam. She was professional, kind, and very passionate about her work I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a new optometrist.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr. Koria is very careful and thorough in her examination. I was very happy with the prompt service. I will be visiting her regularly in the future.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Great service by Dr. Koria. My exam was very comfortable and thorough. Every step of the process was clearly explained, as well as great tips for eye health.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Koria for a few years now and I highly recommend her. She discovered I have glaucoma during my regular check-up and of course it was both a shock and terrifying to learn but she took the time (which is so rare to find in Doctors these days) to explain in understandable terms exactly what this disease is, how it is treated and most important of all she listened and answered all my endless questions which most certainly helped me to understand, calm down & process this news which to me is priceless. She is extremely knowledgeable, puts you at ease, approachable, does not rush you qualities that a lot of doctors these days should learn from her. She is invaluable!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr. Koria and her staff were fantastic! Friendly and knowledgeable staff goes a long way. It had been a while since I had gotten my eyes checked and Dr. Koria was very thorough with her exam. She was very friendly and took her time to answer each of my questions which was much appreciated! I also got some great designer glasses, love'em! Will definitely return!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

My wife went here to get a second opinion on her prescription glasses and Dr. Koria was very friendly and knowledgeable. She helped my wife identify that the previous optometrist prescribed the wrong strength lenses for her. Dr. Koria has been friendly and available for our eyecare concerns. I definitely recommend her if you're in the Durham region and looking for an optometrist.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

As a new mom of a one year old, Dr Koria put my mind at ease when I took our child to see her for a check up (after a few concerns with dark specs forming in the eyes). She was patient with our child and eased her into the eye exam. She also took the time to explain to both my husband and myself the stages that children go through for their eye developments. And further explained what to look for in the next few months. Dr Koria and her staff are amazing and very helpful. She’s our trusted doctor. I highly recommend her and her staff! You‘re in good (and safe!) hands while under their care.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr. Seema Koria's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Koria was born in the United Kingdom before she immigrated to rural Manitoba with her family during elementary school. She completed her Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Winnipeg before graduating with honours from the University of Waterloo School of Optometry & Vision Science. During her optometry training, Dr. Koria completed externships in ocular disease and therapeutics at the Jack C. Montgomery Veteran Affairs hospital in Muskogee, Oklahoma, as well as in private practice clinics in Toronto, Honolulu and Kailua, Hawaii. She also volunteered her skills to provide optometric care to under-serviced areas in rural Thailand. Dr. Koria has extensive training in family and pediatric eye care, contact lenses, emergency eye care, and eye disease management including glaucoma, diabetes, cataracts, macular degeneration, and dry eye. She is certified to prescribe medication for various eye conditions that may require therapeutic treatment including eye infections, allergy, and glaucoma, and is happy to provide eye care services in either English or Gujarati. Outside of work, Dr. Koria enjoys travelling, spending time with her family, and is a die-hard Manchester United fan!

• English