Ratings for Dr. John Gapski

The Best Doctor Ever! So Caring about his patients.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Gapski has been my oncologist for over a year now. He has a tremendous sense of calmness and peace about him. A gentle bedside manner and incredible knowledge. He has always respected my wishes and has given me the confidence to battle stage IV colon cancer with great success. I do have fun with him and at the end of every visit we are both laughing. I'm incredibly thankful for Dr. Gapski and his treatment! His nurse Celina is amazing too!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I have been seeing him for just over a year. Very thorough and matter of fact. Cool and pleasant personality. Extremely knowledgeable and communicates well.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr. Gapski has been my mother's oncologist since 2001. He continued to see her even after she had been "cancer-free" for years and is treating her now that the cancer has metastasized. Yes, he may not be overly chatty, but I believe that people take his demeanor to be cold or uncaring when in fact he is just concentrating and doing his job, which is doing his absolute best to treat you. I have managed to get the odd smile out of him but even without the smiles and chit-chat I can see how deeply he cares about my mother and her care and imagine he is the same with all of his patients. He is VERY thorough and knowledgeable and has managed to keep my mother alive when many others with the same diagnosis have passed on. The odd time that we doubted him (hoped he was wrong) he was in fact right and we have all the faith and trust in the world in this doctor and his ability and instinct. For those who are upset with his to-the-point delivery or his lack of smiley chit-chat -- is that what really matters when it comes to cancer care? He is compassionate, though maybe not in a way that is obvious to everyone. Nobody likes to hear bad news and accepting a poor diagnosis isn't easy, but if he is delivering that diagnosis then chances are that he's right and just doing his job. He never rushes my mother's appointments and always takes the time to explain things so that she understands. He does the same with me when I go in with her -- even when I pull out a long list of questions and bombard him with all kinds of concerns. I imagine he does this with all his patients which explains why we have to wait sometimes -- though waiting around is a small price to pay for excellent care. This is a good man and an incredible doctor who I will never be able to thank enough for caring for my mother and keeping her here with us with minimal suffering. She is almost 2 years into her stage IV diagnosis now and going strong thanks to his care and knowledge. HIGHLY recommended! - Adrienne

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014