Ratings for Dr. Bruce Paitich

Run as fast as you can. If his competency was measured by arrogance he would be the top Dr. in the world. I was sent to this "Doctor" for an "independent" medical examination by CAA insurance (Also run if you are covered by them). I have been seen by many doctors who have all concluded that I do need pain management intervention. I have thousands of pages of medical information, x-rays, MRI's, Ultra sound results, and am currently undergoing a procedure that is called Radio Frequency Ablation. In short the procedure involves painful interventions whereby, a long needle is shoved deep into your back and or neck (both in my case) then the doctor digs around with the needle in your body until the doctor can find the nerve root area that is causing the pain. The procedure is almost worse than living with the pain, but it does help. This "doctor" physically examined me about 10-20 minutes. During that time some of the positions he asked to, or placed me in caused me severe shooting pain. At one point he even commented that "he did not mean to hurt me." To make a long story short, following the examination he went on to produce his "independent," medical examination report. Let me ask you this; What doctor who is worth anything, states that once someone "receives financial gain," their pain goes away. He wrote this in his report, believe it or not. How is this a "medical opinion?" I encourage you to draw your own conclusions about someone who is paid a lot of money for performing these examinations over and over again is?" I could only imagine how much he earns from this portion of his practice. He claimed to have reviewed all of the documentation provided to him, but this was not reflected in his report. He only relied on documents that would benefit the cause of the insurance company, who is paying him very well to conduct IME. He did not acknowledge or comment on IME reports done previously,by members of his own team, that were in my favour. He made neurological conclusions, which he may or may not be qualified to do, when the Neurologist on his own team stated clearly that he could not form an opinion as more testing was required. As someone else stated he was more interested in previous history than what was happening now. He talks out of both sides of his mouth, commenting in his report that my current injuries "should have resolved by now." Then he goes on to say that injuries I sustained many years ago are the cause of my current pain. Which one is it "doctor?" He also had the nerve to say that I required no medication, Not even so much as an aspirin. He said I did not require any physio therapy, which I do. He has biases about the use of certain medications. In one way I guess I am lucky. When confronted with a report that is so one sided, I believe any governing body would be able to establish that he is not acting "independently." By making the claims that he has, I believe he has opened up all of his colleagues to discipline by the College because his claims would indicate that "they," are all incompetent, performing procedures that are not required, prescribing medication that is not required, and making diagnoses that are wrong. I encourage everyone who reads this to do as I did, I filed a complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario against this "doctor?" I will end this the same way I started it. Run as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016