Ratings for Dr. James Harder

Dr Harder has taken care of our daughter's special needs (and plenty of them) for 24 years. We love him. He always considered all aspects of her quality of life before proceeding with any invasive surgery. He was always clear and empathetic when delivering sad news and remarkably skilled (and peer-respected) for his spinal scoliosis skills. He has a lovely sense of humour and genuine smile that always makes me feel like I am an old friend who came to visit. He is incredibly busy - there are not enough pediatric orthopedic surgeons - so don't confuse his "too the point" "no nonsense" communication style as not caring. He has probably done a couple of "unanticipated" surgeries before you/we arrive for our "scheduled" appointment that morning! His vacation was probably spent providing surgery in a third world country helping disadvantaged children. Those are the things that matter.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013