Ratings for Dr. John S. Rodman

I have never felt that Dr. Rodman listens or cares about my health. He is very close to where we live and does well for my husband; but not for me. He is arrogant, condescending and rypically runs an hour late.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

My 88 year old Father was a patient of Dr. Rodman's for 20+ years. My Dad was fully functioning and healthy suffering only from high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He lived on his own, drove, worked out and was in great shape. My Dad lost his wife of 67 years (my Mother) Sept 2012. Naturally he became severly depressed and even had a breakdown 3 weeks ago and has been in the hospital ever since. My Dad was in need of a physician on staff at Sarasota Memorial...naturally my siblings and I requested Dr Rodman who serves on staff. Dr Rodman not only denied treating my father, he didn't have the human decency to make a phone call to us to let us know and/or explain his reasons. Dr Rodman was of course willing to take my Father's business (i.e. - money) for 20+ years, yet not even a single phone call! Really!!!??? We've all been to some good doctors and some bad ones. But this situation leaves my entire family stunned and speechless. Sad and shameful to say the least...

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012