Ratings for Dr. Elmarie Basson

I love and have always loved Dr. E. Basson She took care of me and both babies and a very difficult ectopic pregnancy. Thank you

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

My daughter is currently under her care and she failed to notice or do anything about a perforated colon which happened during a very difficult c section. This has resulted in excruciating pain for my daughter, an emergency op that could have cost her her life, and she now has a tiny baby at home who needs his Mom. I wouldn't recommend this doctor under any circumstances.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

She is a great doctor, good bedside manner and very professional. I did feel I needed more warmth and emotional support though, due to miscarriages and other emotional struggles during my pregnancy. I did feel the scans were too rushed and only focused on facts, lacking the "special moment" aspect for us as a family. She listens well but doesn't say much back. Very strictly professional, which suits some people, but I personally need more support as I'm a neurotic type! Don't take me wrong though... she is still a fantastic doctor, and provides excellent medical care. I just need someone who makes me feel more special, not just another number. I'm moving, but only due to relocation otherwise I'd stay with her, but am hoping that with finding new doctor, I will get the support I need :) I would still recommend Dr Basson nevertheless. She knows what she is doing, she is just not the type to crack a joke or give you a hug when you're in tears... she'll offer a Kleenex though :)

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

WAS NOT HELPFUL CAN NOT RECOMMEND , was unprofessional and not caring .i am happy she was not there the time i gave birth , wanted me to take epidural by force

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I recommend Dr Basson to everyone I know. She treats you with dignity, is very professional and hard when she needs to be. She delivered both my kids - I can never repay her. Beryl Kakoma

Submitted October 23, 2015

Extremely informative, excellent care and genuine in her professionalism. Very empathetic. Excellent bedside manners. Makes you feel very comfortable and you find her easy to trust. She saw me on a very short notice, I am a foreigner from Canada, and had an emergency, I walked into her office, and the receptionist was very welcoming and patiently listened to my problem and got me to saw Dr. Basson right then. The best female gynea I have found in Cape Town. Seeing her currently for my full pregnancy. Fabulous doctor. My husband and I both love her excellent care!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Excellent ,professional Dr.She makes you feel like you her daughter .

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

The Best gynea! I would highly recommend her to any female.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014