Ratings for Dr. Michele Shermak

I went to Dr. Michele Shermak for a tummy tuck, muscle repair and liposuction. I am 58 and had lost 178 pounds and had a lot of extra skin. The results were stunning. I had no idea I would be able to get a flat stomach and curvy sides! She is a skilled surgeon, but also attentive and open during office visits - but the most astounding thing was her responsiveness to emails when I had any questions. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Can't say enough of how excellent of a doctor that Dr. Shermak is. Would recommend her to anyone who needs reconstructive surgery.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Shermak did my reconstruction surgery following a unilateral mastectomy. She was recommended by my surgeon. My experience was very positive. She really discussed with my which implant would be best. She also did a "lift" of the other breast about 2 months after the reconstruction/mastectomy, and the results were a major improvement. She is compassionate, attentive, and listens. Very professional.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Three words describe Dr. Shermak - Highly skilled and compassionate. I am a breast cancer patient whose cancer surgeon referred me to Dr. Shermak. I don't think I have the words to describe my gratitude and extreme satisfaction with her. When you have cancer, your world kind of starts spinning out of control. And when you make the decision to have a bilateral mastectomy to survive the cancer, you can't help but fear what that will do to your body and self-image as a woman. Dr. Shermak is so patient with me and supportive. She always takes as much time as I need during an appointment. She showed me multiple types of implants until we both felt we had ones that I would be comfortable with. She supported me during my recovery, even answering this "nervous Nellie's" emails late in the evening. She has been nothing but reassuring while remaining so professional. I am getting ready for my second stage of reconstruction and now I not only don't worry, I actually feel beautiful already. I would recommend anyone who is facing this situation to seek out Dr. Shermak. She truly is a "hero" in my eyes.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr.Shermak is one of the most professional,kind ,skilled surgeons that I have ever been to. She was there when I needed here after being hospitalized for an un related illness. She came to see me every day during my hospitalization. I have not had that level of care from a physician i a very long time. My surgery went as planed and my results are amazing. I am so happy I picked her to be my surgeon. My calls were returned promptly and all my concerns were addressed. I never felt rushed. Her office staff was friendly and caring. I needed to see Dr. Shermak's associate one time when she was away and I found him to be just as great as Dr. Shermak (well maybe not quite as good,lol ). I would definitely recommend her to my friends and family. Dr. Shermak embodies all that I hope to find in a Doctor that is caring for me.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

My surgery w/Dr. Shermak was rushed and unprofessional. My results are poor and I need to have them fixed by another doctor. My advice is to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

I had searched and searched for a plastic surgeon after having cleft lip and palette and having 13 procedures I had hoped to find a surgeon that was willing to take on my situation. I had assymetrical breasts and had already had them reconstructed 10 years prior. One had been implanted while the other one was just lifted. I wanted both implanted and them to look as symmetrical as possible and as soon as I met Dr. Shermak she had no problem taking the task on! Her office staff was amazing, they were so friendly unlike the prior surgeons I had met and Dr. Shermak is by far one of the most personable doctors I have ever encountered. I cannot say enough good things about my experience. I emailed her right after my surgery with concerns and within minutes she was calling me to make sure I was okay. Her office staff accommodated me as I needed and I am so happy and impressed with the results. I have recommended my coworkers and friends, she is the best!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I thought Dr. Shermak was great. She took time with me before and after my facelift to answer my questions and address my concerns. I did have a few problems that she addressed immediately. She was always prompt and very professional. She was caring and concerned and very skilled. The results of my facelift are wonderful.I would certainly recommend her to friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr. Shermak is absolutely wonderful! She is kind, personable and extremely professional. She performed a half body lift on me after weight loss surgery (with a weight loss of 117 pounds-lots of hanging skin!) with confidence and great results. Dr. Shermak is very knowledgable in this area and was actually excited about what she could do with my body. From the first appointment, during surgery and through post op follow ups, she was genuine and caring about answering questions and concerns and wanted to be sure that I was doing well. I had a completely positive experience and the pain was extremely minimal thanks to all her expertise. I would recommend Dr. Shermak without hesitation. Thank you Dr. Shermak!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr. Shermak delivered on her word.....visited a couple of other surgeons before finding Dr. Shermak. Immediately liked her_she is warm, pleasant and knowledgeable and is supported by a wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr. Michele Shermak's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)