Ratings for Dr. Janet Thom

First off, let me say the review below is bizarre. I've been patient of Dr. Thom for 15+ years and have referred her too many patients to name. I've only encountered excellence from Dr. Thom and her staff. She is ethical to the letter, a member of the BC Dental Society and if anything, tries to talk you out of orthodontics. With that said, if you needed it, she would have told you...and you probably should have done it. I deal with professionals in every walk of life and not only is Dr. Thom an excellent Dentist she's a craftswoman and a professional. I've had veneers and crowns, and both replaced due to my own reckless behaviour, and the quality of work is exceptional, the colouring and shape are perfect. I constantly get comments on my teeth because people think they're real. I have referred so many people to Dr. Thom and they are thrilled. And then THEY refer patients to her practice. Her staff is friendly and experienced and its clear they enjoy working here. Quinn at reception is wonderful and very helpful with phone and email reminders of appointments. The hygiene/assistant staff over the years have also been fantastic. An easy 5 star rating across the board.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

She tried to upsell me and tried to get me to get braces. I'm 30 years old, why would i need braces at this point. Obvious up-sell.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Thom since she took over the practise of my previous dentist, many years ago. She is extremely professional as is her entire staff. The free parking is a great convenience but it is her total commitment to her patients that makes her the absolute best. Whenever she has performed a serious procedure, she always calls the following day to ensure that you are feeling ok and don't have any problems. Recently, I had a problem with a tooth after dining out and I thought that I had a small sliver of bone or something stuck between two teeth. It was extremely uncomfortable but as it was the Sunday before a holiday Monday, I sent an email to the office to try to get an appointment for the following Tuesday. However, on Monday morning, I got an email from Dr. Thom telling me that the earliest appointment I could get on Tuesday was at 4:30 but she would come in to her office at 8:30 on the holiday morning if I wanted to go then. It turned out that my tooth was actually broken and she was able to remove the broken piece, clean the area up and patch the tooth until she could determine if the tooth could be saved. Now that is service way beyond the expectation. In my book, she and her staff get 5 stars every time I go in.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Excellent dental care in Kerrisdale in a professional, relaxed, and youthful environment. Always friendly and welcoming all-female staff, spa-like candles are usually burning on the reception desk, bright office with lots of windows, free parking. Dental Hygienist, Chelsea, is great, always laughing and engaging. Dr. Thom always thoroughly explains procedures in advance and patiently answers any questions. I have always found that she puts her patients' comfort first, "If you feel any pain or discomfort, just raise your hand and I'll stop right away." Unlike what I have experienced in the past with some other dentists, I have never had the impression that Dr. Thom ever recommends any unnecessary procedures just to generate revenue. I highly recommend Dr. Thom and her team.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012