Ratings for Dr. Beth Scharlop

I saw the doctor for a standard exam that you would have as a woman. It was my first and last time I will see her! Her pelvic/rectal exam was brutal!! I have never been handled like that before. I have had exams since I was sixteen and I had a child naturally, so I'm no wimp! She didn't warn me when she went from my privates, straight up my butt!! My husband was with me and in the room. He was shocked, as was I! He asked me if it was suppose to be like that!! I have now found another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

The receptionist, nurse & Doctor were all very friendly. The doctor was knowledgable & patient. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

My experience at Dr. Scharlop's office was horrific and condescending. I scheduled my appointment for her after experiencing troubling symptoms while on business. Not knowing the area I picked her. The first question she asked me in my appointment was "what type of birth control would you like?" I was very angry. I advocate for fertility based awareness and NFP and I was completely insulted when she told me that I "have no knowledge" of the field and that I believe in "old wives tales." She did not respect my beliefs against birth control, and she insisted that if I wanted to "treat" my endometriosis that I had to take birth control. This information is false and I have managed my endometriosis for years without the use of birth control. She was intentionally rough in my pelvic exam and I left in tears, horrified. She never got back to me about my test results and I had to call her office. Very unprofessional, very condescending, and it seemed to me as if she was pushing birth control in my face.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. Beth Scharlop's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1980)