Dr. Aaron J. Greenberg

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Aaron J. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg is a wonderful Surgeon. I highly recommend him. He corrected my back issue problems. My surgery was 1 year ago and I feel great with no pain at all. Thank you Dr. Greenberg.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I have suffered, for over 5 years, with spinal stenosis. I have had steroid shots about every 6 months --- because I feared spinal surgery. I finally reached the point where the steroids wouldn’t work. So my pain specialist told me that he would recommend Gr. Aaron Greenberg and that if I couldn’t get an appointment he would intercede. Despite my fears, this was the best recommendation I had ever followed up on. Dr. Greenberg impressed me with his medical knowledge and bed side manner, that brought me comfort. He explained that a Lumbar Laminectomy would provide the relief of the pain, I had suffered for years. By removing the lamina, it creates more space for the spinal canal and decompresses the nerve roots, that cuase the pain. He was totally correct. The surgery took 4 hours and Dr. Greenberg told my wife that it was the worst spine he had seen in a long, long time. Despite how bad it was, Dr. Greenberg successfully corrected the problems. It is now 3 weeks since the surgery and I have had NO pain and have not been on pain meds since 2 days after surgery. For anyone who fears surgery and is suffering from pain due to spinal strenuous, I would highly recommend Dr. Greenberg.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr. Aaron J. Greenberg is a great surgeon. Wow! With a comparatively simple surgical procedure, he managed to reduce my Sciatic Nerve pain from 500 (no exaggeration) to practically zero at five weeks after surgery. Turned out that all the pain was caused by a ruptured disc and Dr. Greenberg went in and cleaned up the "mess" that it had caused. I would not only see Doctor Greenberg again should I have further problems with my spine, but I would highly recommend Dr. Greenberg to anyone who needed spine surgery, anywhere, anytime. He’s a natural.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr Greenberg is competent and thorough. He addressed all my concerns. After months of conservative treatment and denial on my part surgery was scheduled. Within 24 hours my symptoms were gone. Within a week I was off my pain medications. I couldn't have asked for a more skilled and compassionate physician.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Aaron J. Greenberg's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

EDUCATION 08/14- 07/15 Emory University Orthopedic Spine Fellowship Atlanta, GA 07/09- 06/14 University of Texas Medical School at Houston Department of Orthopedic Surgery Residency Houston, TX 07/05- 05/09 Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center M.D., May 2009 08/00- 05/04 Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD. BA, Behavioral Biology, May 2004 RESEARCH 12/15 Emory University: Predictors of Extended Hospital stay after Cervical Disc Replacement or ACDF: Results from 1004 Patients in an FDA trial. 07/12-Present Shriners Hospital for Children-Houston. Resident Research Project 07/09-Present The University of Texas Medical School at Houston Department of Orthopedic Surgery Spine Division. Resident Research Project 07/07-05/09 Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at Amarillo Dept. of Pediatrics. Medical Student Research Project 05/06- 07/09 The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Plastic Surgery Research Assistant for Spencer Brown, PhD. 08/03- 05/04 Johns Hopkins University, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences. Psychology Research Assistant for Susan M. Courtney, PhD. MANUSCRIPTS & PRESENTATIONS Conservative Pedicle Screw Usage in Hybrid Constructs for the treatment of Scoliosis. A Retrospective Review of the Houston Shriners Hospital Experience: Outcomes, Cost analysis and Complications. -Manuscript in preparation. Identifying and Stratifying the Preoperative Risk of Retroperitoneal Vascular Injury During Minimally Invasive Lateral Access Spine Surgery: A Radiologic Study of L4-L5. -Manuscript in preparation. 2nd Place Poster Presentation: Case Report of Ibuprofen Lysine Induced Angioedema in a Preterm Neonate, 2nd Annual Student and Resident Research Day, April 30, 2008 HONORS & AWARDS 05/09 Chairman’s Award- Texas Tech University Dept of Surgery Presented by Dr. Dennis B. Dove 04/09 Dean’s Scholarly Achievement Award 11/08 AOA Honor Medical Society 04/08 2nd Place Student Research day April 30, 2008 -Case Report Ibuprofen Lysine Induced angioedema in a Preterm Neonate QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS 05/14 LBJ Hospital. Designed and constructed postoperative protocol template for. P.A.’s, N.P.s, and lower level residents to improve efficiency in postop clinics 08/13 Memorial Hermann Hospital. Designed an Antibiotic Treatment Protocol for aquatic and non-aquatic open fractures including a color-coded Emergency Room poster PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT 2014 Cervical Spine Research Society 2013 Cervical Spine Research Society 2013 AO Basic course Sun Valley, ID 2012 Synthes Cadaver Dissection Workshop Methodist MITIE lab 2012 Cadaver Dissector for the 12th Biannual Hands on Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia Workshop U.T. Houston 2011 Southern Conference for Resident Education Workshop-Stryker Spine 2011 Strategies for Transitioning to Minimally Invasive Lumbar Fusion-The Methodist Hospital Research Institute-Synthes Spine PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons Harris County Medical Society Texas Medical Association INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES 2008-2009 Pre-Med Mentor - Counseled West Texas A&M premedical students 2007-2009 Docs for Kids - Participated in several service projects for hospitalized children 2006-2007 Medical Mission Trip Aid Worker - Day trips to Juarez, Mexico and El Paso, TX with the Texas Tech Christian Medical and Dental Association. 2002-2003 Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Volunteer, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD 2002 Surgical Intensive Care Unit Volunteer, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, T

• English

• Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2004)
  • Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (Grad. 2009)
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (Grad. 2014)
  • Emory University (Grad. 2014)

• Spinal stenosis