Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. Poate

I went with a serious concern and reoccurring problem of increasing migraines. He signed me up for several expensive tests including an MRI and a large spectrum of blood tests. When the results came in he never called, or set up another appointment. He simply billed me with a letter suggesting I try multivitamins. Useless.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

I have waited over an hour past my appointment time more than once. The office lost my request for further testing and I only found out about it TWO MONTHS after the fact. Yes, Dr. Poate is nice and friendly and helpful but what good does that do - especially in an emergency

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

Dr. Poate is fantastic... Very easy to talk to and discuss health issues with. I hate trying to find a good doctor that I feel comfortable with. I hope he stays in practice in the area. I moved over 40 miles away for 4 years and still made the drive to go see him over other doctors in the area. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

Told the receptionist after id been waiting 20 min., she said he'd be with me shortly. After 10 more, the nurse came out, I got weighed, measured and stuck in the exam room. After waiting until an hour after my appointment time, I walked out and told the receptionist to cancel my appointment. I will not be returning, and would not recommend this doctor to anyone who has any concept of punctuality. I cannot honestly say how knowledgeable he may have been because I never got to meet with him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008

I've been with Dr. Tim Poate for over 10 years and I am glad he's still so young becuase i'll be with him the next 30 years if I can! He's the best GI Dr. I've ever met and I've met a lot of them!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2007

Dr. Poate seems to really care about his patients. He will refer if necessary to get things resolved.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

Very thorough. Takes time to listen and to answer questions. Friendly and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2006

Dr. Timothy J. Poate's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1996)

Oxford