Ratings for Dr. STEPHEN H. Rosenthal

Rude - Arragant - Unprofessional - shuts you off if you do not agree with him. Definitely would not recommend to anyone who has an opinion about their health. It’s his way only. Likes the weak clients who he can bully.

Submitted June 23, 2018

Dr. Rosenthal has literally helped change my life. His frank diagnosis and thorough manner, along with his knowledge of pharmacology, has given me the help I wish I'd had years ago. Coming in to his office with undiagnosed ADHD as an adult, already suffering from depression and anxiety - he just got me where I needed to be - functioning at a higher and happier level than I thought possible. He is very matter of fact and to the point, but not in a brusque way. He is kind and caring, and he is SO thorough. I just feel blessed that I was able to have him as my psychiatrist, even for the limited time it's been (we are moving out of state). I would recommend him to anyone. He is really smart and he really cares. He NEVER pushed any medication on me, and in fact was instrumental in getting me off of unnecessary medication that I'd taken for YEARS. He is easy to get ahold of, as well, always returning my call or email promptly.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Rosenthal for years. He has helped me incredibly with my severe depression and I am know enjoying life like never before. My meetings with Dr Rosenthal have totally changed my self esteem and outlook on life.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

What can I say about Dr. Rosenthal? He is, in my opinion, an excellent psychiatrist. I am a 50+ recovering alcoholic, bulimic, sexually abused, come from a DYSFUNCTIONAL childhood female who has been in therapy since the age of 17. I have extreme trust issues but through a lot of hard work on both of our parts Dr. Rosenthal has been able to earn my trust. The only other man that has ever been able to get behind my walls is my present husband (#3). I have been sober in AA for 23 years and in OA for 4 years. I would say Dr. Rosenthal is very knowledgeable about addictions and sexual abuse. He has helped me immensely and I look forward to continuing my recovery with Dr. Rosenthal.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

By far the best psychiatrist I have seen. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

All Dr. Rosenthal wanted to do was push pills when I made it clear I would rather not go on medication for my mild depression. Every session I was goaded to repeat myself over and over about declining meds and it got to a point where I felt bullied. In fact, medication became all we ever discussed in my appointments. Dr. Rosenthal seemed to consider it a power struggle and challenge to his authority that I would say no. For some reason he could not let it go and accept my decision. He was also very unprofessional in reminders about upcoming appointments and left a message on my home answering machine rather than my cell. Others heard this and I was caught very off-guard and embarrassed. Hello HIPAA violation!

Submitted September 12, 2014

I love, love, love Dr. Rosenthal. I've been seeing him for 6 years and if it wasn't for him I would be dead! He is the only man besides my present husband who I trust 100%. We achieved that by a lot of hard work on botH our parts.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. STEPHEN H. Rosenthal's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

UnitedHealthcare