Ratings for Dr. Kimberly M. Shiraishi

I was unable to get an appointment because of her privacy policy which states she can use your personal information for any reason she wishes. It also states if in writing a request not to use your personal info that they will not except in cases of the law. It even states that she can be paid for your information. I requested in writing that she not use my information for any reason without my written permission, she still would not take me. Her defense was she could be hacked, to which I asked her to only make sure my info was not to be used for any purpose other than to give me an eyeglass prescription. I was told she would not see me without allowing her to use my info as she wished. I asked about patient privacy and she said she wasn't concerned. Maybe I am alone in expecting a doctor to be concerned with my privacy along with all of her patients. She couldn't care less about my concerns, even though it was clearly written that I could opt out of her undisclosed use of my info. She did say she would change the form so people couldn't opt out of her use of their information. I had to wait for over 20 min just to hear she wouldn't see me. P. S. the Knowledge portion of the review was required but I don't have any experience as to it.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016