Ratings for Dr. Michael K. Distler

If you have a mental illness he will dismiss you so be careful!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr. Distler does not really listen to patients. He has some very strong preconceived notions, and is not at all flexible. It's as if all people and all causes of pain are all the same. If you don't respond to his limited list of treatments, then the pain is in your head and you need to get mental health therapy. He is highly critical of treatments not on his own agenda. Some of the things he says are very insensitive and unprofessional. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I had a similar experience with Dr. Michael Distler as another reviewer here. First he was very late to the appointment but he said we would take as much time as I needed. I told him I had been in a roll over accident in April but had had some neck pain prior to that. He zoomed in on the pain before the accident and flat out told me pain doesn't just appear out of nowhere and decided I had lived with this pain my whole life,which is completely untrue. He seemed angry at times. I was very uncomfortable with his demeanor. When all was said and done he made some comment about how active I was to which I agreed, but the point of going to see him was that I would like to remain that way. The pain I was experiencing was getting in the way of enjoying life. I would not every recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Dr. Sister is very knowledgeable. I didn't feel rushed by him or his staff. He probably spent 1 1/2 hours with me, diagnosing, explaining my condition and questions. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016