Ratings for Dr. Alexander J. Larson

We love Dr. Larson! When I had my son, it all went very well. Later I had an emergency situation come up and he did a great job with my surgery and answered all of our questions. I have peace of mind because he is my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Very humble, approachable, easy to talk to. We Love him..

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I'm a young mom. And finding any doctor to not be judgmental concerning teen pregnancy is rough. I was 18 when I had fallen pregnant and 19 when I delivered.. He did let me know the problems along the way with teen pregnancy, but he did not criticize me on the subject. Dr. Larson is amazing. I was referred to him through a coworker. The first OBGYN I seen, and stuck with him. Reading some of these reviews... Yes, he jokes. But at an appropriate time. Which I appreciate because the only way for me to really settle down is humor. I was very sick during my pregnancy and he took the best care of me. He saved mine and my daughter's life. I was in the hospital for 5 days. He literally stayed there from starting work that morning, til the day I left. He didn't go home. And his wife had a baby 4 days before me. He really takes pride in his job and is good at what he does. Don't let his age fool you. He's amazing, and my family loves him. I have recommended him to 3 people who love him. And I would recommend him to anyone else. I will stick with him through out the rest of my child bearing years and then some!:)

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Dr. Larson is wonderful. I have had 2 miscarriages this year and I have found him to not only be a fountain of knowledge, but caring and helpful throughout both miscarriages. He let me make decisions instead of him telling me what he thought was necessary he provided information and allowed me to make the call. Before I miscarried my second, he answered tons of my questions about diet, exercise, and any other questions that I had pertaining to my pregnancy. when he performed the second ultrasound and there was no heartbeat, he was patient with me, and understanding to what I was going through. I would highly recommend him to any one seeking a OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I was initially excited to have a younger doctor this pregnancy. Other reviews were accurate in that he jokes around, etc. However, I didn't feel he was interested in putting me at ease but rather being "cool". He was not interested in speaking to me about diet, vitamins, or other lifestyle choices other than "do you drink or smoke?". He asked if I had ever been treated for postpartum depression, which I haven't, then proceeded to accuse me of lying to him in front of the nurse in the middle of my pap because of scars I have 10 years older than my child. He didn't ask about them, he accused me while I lay on the table. Despite being young, he continues to preform exams that have been deemed unnecessarily painful and intrusive by other doctors, and that at a minimum should be discussed ahead of time with the patient (pelvic exam). I had gone in excited to hear a tiny heartbeat and gain some relief in finding a healthy pregnancy. I cried all the way out to my car.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I love Dr. Larson I was having a medical emergency at the end of my pregnancy and was actually with another doctor at the time who was not properly taking care of me and Dr. Larson was just a second opinion but I ended up asking him to be my doctor that night and my baby was delivered safely. He saved mine and my baby's life. I was in the hospital for 5 days after and he came and saw me everyday and checked to see how i was doing. He really takes good care of his patients and does right by everyone involved. I have now switched doctors and will be seeing Dr.Larson from now on. I will and do recommend him to everyone i know. If you want a good doctor with good values and with a big heart that will make sure you are given the best care you can receive than Dr.Larson is the doctor you should go to. I don't know what would have happened if he wasn't there to take care of me that night. Highly highly recommended

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr Larson is amazing. I like the fact that he is a young Dr. I feel like he is more relatable to me. He is very caring and makes sure to address all my concerns. I was terrified when i first became pregnant, this is my first pregnancy. At my first appointment he made me feel very comfortable and explained everything that was going to happen. He made jokes and made a completely terrifying experience a lot easier to handle. I was also over a half hour late to my appointment and he still saw me and didnt make a big deal about it. Since then i have only grown more comfortable with him and his staff. I cannot imagine going through my pregnancy with any other Dr and will continue to see him for all my future babies and appointments. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Larson. First I was a little thrown off by his appearance just because he looks so young, but I'm certainly glad I didn't judge a book by its cover. He is a humble, kind, intelligent family man with a great sense of humor. You might end up waiting a little while for your appointment but that's only because he takes his time with every single patient. He actively LISTENS to your concerns and will address every single one. He doesn't ever speak to a patient in an arrogant way that makes you feel stupid, and will do everything in his power to make sure you get the answers/treatment you're looking for. I'm not proud to admit, but now, at the tail end of my pregnancy I've become pretty miserable which has made me a high maintenance nightmare I'm sure. Lucky for me I have a doctor that has remained kind, patient and attentive even through my hormonal madness. I would recommend Dr. Larson to anyone and everyone, he's turly a grade A doctor and person.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Dr. Alexander J. Larson's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)