Ratings for Dr. Vithyalakshmi Selvaraj

Wouldn't return calls when my loved one was suicidal. Was rude & dismissive to my daughter after she got out of the hospital for severe depression & suicidal ideation. Blamed her staff for not letting her know my daughter's status. (The staff said they told her!) Proceeded to blame her patient's loved ones for her downward spiral. She should stick with teaching!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I did not have a good experience with this doctor. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

The definition of a psychiatrist who is in the field to help. Dr. Selvaraj took me on as a patient and has never stopped going above and beyond to help me, despite many allergies, sensitivities, and resistance to medications. She has found minimal medication that is the most effective, helped me obtain a course of treatment that has forever changed my life for the better. Dr. Selvaraj literally saved my life.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Hands down, the best psychiatrist in the area and that I've ever worked with. Extremely knowledgeable, listens, truly cares, and spends the time to hear what you're saying and to work to find the best treatment(s). Honest, respectful, effective and validating communication. Dr. Selvaraj's commitment to patients and their well-being, paired with her extensive knowledge, makes for psychiatric care unlike any I have ever experienced over many years of my life.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

She has horrible bedside manner. She is knowledgable but it is overpowered by her rudeness.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014