Ratings for Dr. Russell Gowen

It has been over 3 years since my emergency ileostomy. It was a difficult surgery with complications and since my ordeal I have noted that many people have post surgical problems and indeed problems for much of their remaining lives. I would have to say that my status today is nothing short of excellent with not problems or complications. I attribute this to the amazing skill of my surgeon, Dr. R. Gowan. I have nothing but gratitude and awe for his incredible talent. I don't think that I ever thanked him properly and hope that he reads this and is aware of my gratitude. Thank you Sir, for your care, skill and compassion.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

I wasn't impressed, he was rude and condescending.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Calm, competent and professional. You cannot ask for more from a surgeon. Dr. Gowan is an asset to the medical community.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

I would like to share and express my admiration and gratitude for this person's excellence both as a surgeon and a compassionate caring human being. I had lung surgery on my left lung over a year ago, and I am in need of another one on the right lung. I am very fortunate to have him again as my surgeon. Thank you Dr. Russell Gowen!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. Gowan saved my life also ten years ago in Sydney by removing a huge lipoma from my shoulder and chest area after another supposedly "expert" surgeon had deemed it inoperable four years prior. I'm not at all surprised to see a 5 rating and only positive comments here regarding Dr. Gowan. There aren't words enough to express my admiration and gratitude for this person's excellence both as a surgeon and a compassionate caring human being.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

A year ago my wife had surgery for a parasophageal hiatal hernia performed by Dr Gowan. Dr Gowan did a wonderful job. My wife no longer suffers from severe pain in her chest as she did before the surgery. Dr Gowan explained everything thoroughly and answered all our questions. He is a most competent surgeon and a compasionate and understanding human being. Fredericton is very fortunate to have him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr. Gowan is our hero. He's the ONLY doctor who was willing to do anything for my husband with cancer. Gowan is a kind man w/ a sense of humor. It's easy to tell he enjoys his job & wants to do it well and he does! We just love him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Dr. Gowan operated on me and I am very happy with the outcome. He is calm and very professional. I no longer have any symptoms after a year of surgery. He definitely improved my quality of life. I would strongly recommend him to family and friends. Fredericton is lucky to have him. Thanks Dr. Gowan!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013