Ratings for Dr. Abdelbaset A. Elsawiniya

when I explained symptoms and showed him a rash, he said 'so what do you want?' You're the doctor.......I'm here asking what I need. I found he brushed off all of my concerns and also misdiagnosed a very bad diaper rash as a fungal infection. The cream provided caused a MAJOR inflammation and my poor baby had to deal with the pain till I finally figured something wasn't right and went to another Dr.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

This doctor treated my daughter with disrespect. Didn't diagnose her properly and left her sick and ill two weeks later having to be treated by a walk in clinic. Constantly criticized me as a parent for height of my daughter. If your child is atypical in any sense stay far away. He is still accepting patients for a reason. Ill go to another pediatrician with a 4 month wait who will treat me with respect rather than see a doctor who treats me with disrespect and scoffs at the concerns I have as a parent.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Dr. Elsawiniya sees my son at the Kensington Medical Clinic in Edmonton. The place has been renovated recently and is more patient friendly. There is a tv in the waiting room for children to watch cartoons and a few toys and books to read. The staff are young and could use a bit more customer service skills but they are generally friendly and the reception staff are in no way a reflection on Dr. Elsawiniya. Dr. Elsawiniya can sometimes be running late but no more than 15 minutes. He patiently listens to me discuss issues or ask questions during my appointment so I feel he may run late as he tries to give every family/patient his dedicated time and undivided attention. He is excellent with my son - warm nature, friendly, smile, and makes bird calls to get my son's attention and calm him. He has been my son's pediatrician for 4 years now and I am very thankful for all his dedication to his profession.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013