Ratings for Dr. Denise Watt

As follow up to the below comment. I took my son to the Children's hospital where he was properly assessed and treated for an infection. It is unfortunate that our health system employs such a low quality and uncaring doctor.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Under the direction of HealthLink we went to the Rockyview hospital. This was a big mistake and one I will never make again. We waited three hours to see Dr. Watt in Area A, she is not only terrible person but is insensitive and dismissive. I feel bad for all patients who have the misfortune of coming in contact with her. When she entered the room she did not introduce herself and minimized our situation to the point where I was defending our decision to visit the hospital. My 4 year old son had a circumcision four days prior at the Childrens Hospital. I will save the gruesome details but suffice to say, I had reason to be concerned. She made mention that I should have called the surgeon's office not come to the hospital and that she didn't have experience with post op circumcisions. What did I want? What I wanted was to see a doctor that would take my concerns serious and actually LOOK a the issue. What I ended up with was a doctor that made me feel like an irresponsible parent that was wasting her time. No doctor should make a parent feel terrible for seeking medical attention for their child. I have called and made a formal complaint but an certain nothing will come of this. If I could give a negative rating for this doctor, I would.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

under the direction of family physician and dealing with a extremely painful urology issue waited in Emergency at the Rockyview hospital to see doctor/urologist as instructed by family physician in event of emergency. Seen by Dr Denise Watt who minimized symptoms and basically refused urgent needs to see urologist who was available during a severe painful episode. Basically denied any health services during this emergency. Advised our family Dr office who are in the process of arranging an emergency urology appointment and suggested going again to emergency with the hopes of seeing another Dr who would address issue and provide some form of assessment/care in the meantime. In a emergency system that is already stressed to the max Dr Watt's actions only caused additional duplication and cost to a system currently under tremendous strain. I am still left in extreme pain, unable to work and will have to go to emergency again wait and hopefully get a brief assessment/diagnosis from an actual urologist not a bullying bouncer type cost ineffective Doctor clogging up our health care system.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016