Ratings for Dr. Umesh Patel

Does not provide you with any insight on your health concern. Takes your suggested self diagnosis, tests for that specific suggestion and comes back with a yes/no before discharging you from the ER. Does not provide an educated diagnosis of his own. Leaves you exiting the ER with more questions than answers.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Very positive patient and helpful. Quickly did some tests and prescribed the treatment.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Made a horrible experience even worse. I checked into oakville hospital because of unbearable pain from pinched nerve/muscle spasm. He talked fast, telling me to get into different positions even though I told him it's those positions that make the pain flare. His comment was "you can do that, you just walked to the washroom" insinuating that I was lying or faking. I felt very rushed when he wouldn't even let me answer his questions. I don't feel I was getting the medical attention I required. He also discharged me when I was still feeling extreme pain.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

Dr. Patel was very caring, I'd like him as my family Dr. He took his time, was genuinely concerned about the pain in my arm.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Extremely rude with no bedside manners. Very unpleasant experience to deal with him at 2 am

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Rude and arrogant. Does not have a pleasant bedside manner!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I was seen by Dr. Patel at the Oakville-Trafalgar ER today. He was very friendly, thorough and made me feel at ease despite the very sensitive nature of the issue I was there for. While it's too soon to know if the prescriptions he gave me will help me, he did make me feel better about my situation (whereas I find with most doctors I leave my interactions with them more confused and pessimistic than before).

flag | Submitted November 23, 2012