Ratings for Dr. Angela C. Bucci

I was referred to Dr. Bucci because my doctor suspected that the multiple symptoms I was experiencing (hair loss, extreme fatigue, depression) may be hormone related. Dr. Bucci ran a bone scan and blood work and on my next appt we discussed the results. I waited 45 minutes in the exam room and when I opened the door to see if her staff hadn't informed her I was waiting, there she was typing on her laptop. I asked if she knew I was waiting and she replied, "Oh, are you in a hurry?" I was irritated but wanted to find out my test results. She came in about 5 mins later and said I had osteopenia and was in menopause. I was willing to treat those issues but expressed I was deeply concerned as I had lost half of my hair and was still rapidly losing it and I was also so tired I didn't know how much longer I would be able to continue working. She suggested I see a dermatologist! I had CELIAC DISEASE! Thankfully someone listened and correctly diagnosed my condition! Go elsewhere!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Dr. Bucci is very aggressive in treating all aspects of my disease, and has greatly improved my health. She is very supportive of my efforts to lose weight, monitor my blood sugars, and my attempts to achieve a better life style.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I'm very surprised to read all of the negative comments. I have seen Dr. Bucci for over 10 years and have had nothing but the best of experiences with her. She is one of the best Drs. that I have ever worked with. Initially it was for PCOS now type 2 diabetes. She was very understanding and up on the most current research. Some may say she is aggressive in approach to treatment, I would rather have someone aggressive than letting things go on to get worse. She is caring and she may come across as harsh but it is never because she does not care. I find that when people do not listen to what their dr. suggests it is often put on the Dr. Dr. Bucci and i have had our moments she is not for the super sensitive but I would recommend her in a heartbeat if you are serious about getting your diabetes under control.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Excellent in Endocrinology. Very up to date. Caring bedside manner. Will spend as much time with patient as needed.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Phone calls not returned in a timely manner. Prescriptions not filled in timely manner. Does not remember to do what she tells you she will do. Always an hour or more behind schedule.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Saw Dr Bucci on referral from my PCP after seeing another endo I didn't like very much (dr christofides) because she was very brusque and didn't listen well. Dr Bucci was very nice, took plenty of time to talk to me about my concerns, then explained how she works w/patients, and had me scheduled for further testing. Came back a week later for tests, and although the tests were done I havent' been back yet. Her staff was nice enough - nothing extrodinary, but friendly enough. All in all it was a positive experience - much better than at dr christofides.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

This doctor and her staff are unpredictable. I found that sometimes they are great and other times VERY unhelpful. I need a refill on Insulin for my pump they can't refill until they see me, totally fine but they can't see me until MAY 20TH!!!!! That is 90 days from now.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

I was a patient at this Dr's office for a couple of years. Due to a very poor office staff and lack of communication within the office I was sent a certified letter advising that I needed to find a new Dr. Needless to say I was called by this office on Friday 9/5 to confirm my appt on 9/16. This just goes to sbow that there is NO communication within this office. How could you call a former patient to confirm an appt when you sent this patient a certified letter advising them to find a new Dr. This is why I would never recommend ANYONE use this facility.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

so caring and helpful. called me at home to check up on how i was feeling - amazing.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

With Dr. Bucci being a specialist you can expect to have a wait because besides you her other patients have issues also. I rather her take her time with them because I would expect that when she see's me. I have been a patient of hers for 4 years now and I think she is wounderful!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2008

Dr. Angela C. Bucci's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1995)

Commercial Insurance Company