Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen

I am symptom free. Dr. Mikkelsen was able to diagnose and treat my problem promptly. I was surprised how effective his treatment was. The reason I rated low for punctuality is that I usually have to wait at least 10 minutes and often longer for my appointment. On the positive side, they are very accommodating at making an appointment quickly.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I’m glad I was referred to Dr.Mikkelsen. I was suffering from chronic pain in my shoulders and was told that surgery was the only answer. With a few sessions of shock wave therapy the pain has subsided and the surgery won’t be needed.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I am a more recent patient of Dr Mikkelson and I’m really happy I found him. All the staff are so nice and professional. Dr Mickkelsen is caring and knowledgeable and explains his treatment plans fully. I plan on seeing him for my ongoing wellbeing and would highly recommend him and the whole clinic.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Mikkelsen keeps me healthy and mobile for my fitness program and a physically demanding job. Great diagnostic skills - there's no substitute for experience. Wonderful office staff and massage therapy available on site too.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

My whole family has seen Dr. Mikkelsen over the years and has gotten great results. Especially during and after my two pregnancies I got a lot out of the adjustments and didn't experience backpain during these time. Over the years we've referred extended family as well as friends to see him. We highly recommend Dr. Mikkelsen and his team.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I appreciate how explains the treatment plan to you and then when you attend for an appointment he gets down to business. You can come, be treated and continue on with your day.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

When i first came to Dr. Mikkelsen i had trouble walking and functioning properly ,he had explained that he could put me on his program and get back to where i was before,amazing results i put my trust in him and he out performed i am better than ever and continue with regular adjustments.The staff is great and very welcoming and helpful ,genuine people. I am a very satisfied patient and living life to its fullest because of them....Thanks so much.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen has been looking after me since 1986. I would recommend him to everyone. He has a special technique that's helps with my vertigo. I moved to kelowna a few years back & and make the drive to Vancouver specifically to see him.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Mikkelsen for well over 20 years - in times of discomfort but also to be pro-active with caring for my back. He has helped me (and family and friends) with everything from neck and back pain to foot pain and even jet lag! Ask him about that - you won't be disappointed. He's my first stop after any trip overseas. Have always felt better coming out of his office than going in!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Mikkelsen and staff are excellent. I would highly recommend him. He also treats my 8 year old daughter and I have 100% confidence with him. I'm always recommending him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mikkelsen received a Chiropractic degree from the Canadian Memorial College, Toronto, Ontario in 1975. He founded Brookswood Chiropractic, located in Langley, BC the same year. He has since established Lifeforce Proactive Health Centre, expanding the clinic, offering a proactive patient-centred, multi-disciplinary approach. He is continually researching and implementing the latest technology to ensure he is providing his patients with the best care available. Dr. Mikkelsen has been at the same location in Langley for 40 years, now treating 2nd and 3rd generation families, a testament to his commitment to both the community and his patients. Dr. Mikkelsen has been team chiropractor with Canada’s National Swim Team throughout regular training and international level competitions since 1986. As well, was the team chiropractor with the Canadian Men’s Downhill Ski Team during the ’90-91 seasons on the World Cup Circuit. He has provided his unique perspectives pertaining to injury prevention and enhancement for optimal performance at over 100 national and international competitions including the Pan American Games, Commonwealth Games, World Aquatic Championship’s, and the last Seven Olympic Summer games. Dr. Mikkelsen is currently a member of the Integrated Support Team (IST) for Pacific Sport at the High Performance National Training Centre, part of Own The Podium program, located at the University of British Columbia.

• English

• Canadian Chiropractic Association Life Member Award
  • The Business Excellence Award
  • Award in recognition of 30 years of outstanding service to Swimming Canada’s National Team programs.
  • Life Member Award