Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen

My wife and myself both have been very pleased with the Dr and the Staff. The problems we went in with have been resolved efficiently, so we cannot ask for more than that. Many thanks.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Dr. Mikkelsen is a very friendly, understanding, knowledgeable and skilled professional who provides exceptional care and advice. The whole team at Lifeforce Proactive Health are always kind, compassionate and efficient Dr. Mikkelsen takes into consideration all of ones health issues during treatment and in follow-up appointments. I am truly grateful to Ken for his patience in helping me to reduce and eliminate pain , thus making life more pleasurable. Sincere thanks Ken!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2018

Highly recommend Dr Mikkelsen. Has always been able to ease the pain in a short amount of time. Had a car accident as a teenager and have seen my fair share of Chiropractors. I find him very helpful, my whole family relies on his services and also the massage therapists that are located there as well. Staff are fantastic!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

Went to see Dr. Mikkelsen for preventative maintenance as I'm getting up there in my mid-40s. With the amount of hockey, running & 2x week workouts, he gave some solid tips. Speaks your language, super easy to get along with him & his staff. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

Dr. Mikkelsen and his team are outstanding in their field. I travel great distances to see Ken. He is a gifted healer. I Highly recommend Lifeforce Proactive if you aren’t 110% and wish to be!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

I came to see Dr. Mikkelsen at the end of May with severe debilitating pain in my left hip, (which stems from an injury in 2009). I decided to try Chiro Treatment because I'm tired of masking the pain through other Medicinal forms. I walked in the clinic with crutches and walked out not needing them temporarily, as it would take several visits to finally relieve me of them permanently. However it did come to that after a few visits. Now I see Dr. Mikkelsen regularly understanding that regular adjustments is the key to a pain free life. My body tends to give me trouble now and then weather it be a sore knee, an aching hip, lower back discomfort, but now these are getting sort lived more and more. ( As it used to take several days sometimes weeks of nursing my pain to get relief. As well as gobbing down Advil) I do believe that a regular adjustment helps the body heal itself, I've always believed that. Why it took me so long to start this treatment? Well, I'm just a procrastinator. Best decision I ever made, finally! No more Advil either! I recommend Dr. Mikkelsen. Chiro treatment is worth it.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

Ken Mikkelsen is an outstanding health care professional. From initial diagnosis through to cure & follow-up. He is a first rate professional with an intuitive understanding of how the body functions and heals. I recommend him, his approach and his team very highly. It is easy to understand why many of our leading Olympic athletes come to him to ensure they perform at their best. I have no hesitation in recommending Ken to others.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Absolutely AMAZING! I was suffering chronic lower back pain, was near the point of giving up. Out of all the doctors I have been, he was able to make me fee better than I have ever felt! Highly professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and genuinely wants to help you. I only wish I would found him sooner! Helpful staff and amazing RMTs! I highly recommend Dr. Mikkelsen! Thank you Dr. Ken!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

I'm honestly not the kind to leave a negative review but I cannot believe all the positive comments for Dr. Mikkelsen here. I've no doubt he might have been amazing in the past but I've heard stories of him having some type of surgery recently that hasn't allowed him to perform like before. He honestly spends about 2-3 minutes on you and cracks one thing then sends you on your way. I felt pretty much no improvement and if anything it was just placebo because of all these positive reviews. My new Chiro spends a good 20-30 minutes on me feeling out the areas, massaging and cracking where due. I can't believe nobody has had a bad review with this place yet, I mean have you all visited other chrios? this guy may have been good in the past but he's definitely fell off. Wouldn't recommend, save your money.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

Dr. Mikkelsen has been outstanding in treating the issues that caused me to have constant headaches and pain. Thank you to him and the staff! I would highly recommend Dr. Mikkelsen!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mikkelsen received a Chiropractic degree from the Canadian Memorial College, Toronto, Ontario in 1975. He founded Brookswood Chiropractic, located in Langley, BC the same year. He has since established Lifeforce Proactive Health Centre, expanding the clinic, offering a proactive patient-centred, multi-disciplinary approach. He is continually researching and implementing the latest technology to ensure he is providing his patients with the best care available. Dr. Mikkelsen has been at the same location in Langley for 40 years, now treating 2nd and 3rd generation families, a testament to his commitment to both the community and his patients. Dr. Mikkelsen has been team chiropractor with Canada’s National Swim Team throughout regular training and international level competitions since 1986. As well, was the team chiropractor with the Canadian Men’s Downhill Ski Team during the ’90-91 seasons on the World Cup Circuit. He has provided his unique perspectives pertaining to injury prevention and enhancement for optimal performance at over 100 national and international competitions including the Pan American Games, Commonwealth Games, World Aquatic Championship’s, and the last Seven Olympic Summer games. Dr. Mikkelsen is currently a member of the Integrated Support Team (IST) for Pacific Sport at the High Performance National Training Centre, part of Own The Podium program, located at the University of British Columbia.

• English

• Canadian Chiropractic Association Life Member Award
  • Award in recognition of 30 years of outstanding service to Swimming Canada’s National Team programs.
  • The Business Excellence Award