Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen

I have been a commercial truck driver for 42 years. The long hours of driving have taken their toll on my back and neck. I also have injured my hip from a fall off of a ladder a year ago. the pain from my hip was so intense I was on cortisone shots. Over a course of a couple visits per week, for about a month there has been steady improvement in my healing. Dr Ken is a very good listener, if as a patient you are specific about the exact location of the pain, he can adjust the therapy to achieve real results! I walked in broken....I walked out healed. I would highly recommend Dr Ken as a proven pain reliever.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2018

I came to see Dr. Mikkelson while recovering from a serious motorcycle accident. Due to severe injuries to my ribs & a vertebra, I was unable to straighten my body, walked with the aid of a walker & was in constant pain. That was three months ago; thanks to the course of Chiro & laser treatments I received I am currently walking upright, no walker & have a spring in my step. I will be forever grateful to Dr Mikkelson & his fantastic staff!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

Dr. Mikkelsen is the real deal. I’ve been a patient of his since 2008. I was referred for a severe case of tennis elbow. He started me on a treatment plan, and within a few treatments, my tennis elbow was healed, and It’s never bothered me since. Over the course of 10 years, he has successfully treated both elbows, a severe case of hip bursitis, and a moderate case of knee tendonitis. I have been to many chiropractors over the years. Dr Mikkelsen ranks at the top of the list, not only for his professionalism, but also for his vast knowledge, and his ability to diagnose and pinpoint the issues immediately. I highly recommend Dr. Mikkelsen.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2018

A low back problem brought me to Dr. Mikkelsen a couple years ago and I've been problem free since. Now I see him once a month as a maintenance checkup. Both Dr. Mikkelsen and his staff are great to work with. I highly recommend Dr. Mikkelsen and his Lifeforce Proactive Health team! I'm a senior and it's great living life pain free.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2018

Hi I started treatment with Dr.Mikkelsen for post partum pregnancy and it had helped tremendously. He's extremely knowledgable and patient. Also, his staff are outstanding, extremely nice ladies and I always enjoy my visits. Both the doctor and staff are extremely accommodating with my schedule. I highly reccomend Dr.Mikkelsen. He has done wonders to my lower back with only a few treatments.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018

I have been a patient of Kens for over15 years, his treatments for my lower back pain have cured me. I lead a very active lifestyle, and after only a few treatments from Ken, I am enjoying my life pain free. I have recently started to see Ken again for a shoulder injury, and i am improving quickly, I would recommend Ken to anybody who wants a pain free active lifestyle.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

I went to see Dr. Mikkelesen thinking I would be referred for shoulder surgery due to the pain I was in. After just one session I was feeling better, maybe a placebo effect I thought. 6 sessions later I was basically pain free after 8 months of agony. The staff, technology, experience of the Dr. & punctuality are second to none!! I am almost at the maintenance point in my wellness journey & will be making Dr. Mikkelsen & his practice a part of my life for the foreseeable future. Thank you all so much! Jeremy Castronuovo

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

My wife and myself both have been very pleased with the Dr and the Staff. The problems we went in with have been resolved efficiently, so we cannot ask for more than that. Many thanks.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Dr. Mikkelsen is a very friendly, understanding, knowledgeable and skilled professional who provides exceptional care and advice. The whole team at Lifeforce Proactive Health are always kind, compassionate and efficient Dr. Mikkelsen takes into consideration all of ones health issues during treatment and in follow-up appointments. I am truly grateful to Ken for his patience in helping me to reduce and eliminate pain , thus making life more pleasurable. Sincere thanks Ken!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2018

Highly recommend Dr Mikkelsen. Has always been able to ease the pain in a short amount of time. Had a car accident as a teenager and have seen my fair share of Chiropractors. I find him very helpful, my whole family relies on his services and also the massage therapists that are located there as well. Staff are fantastic!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

Dr. Kenneth Mikkelsen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mikkelsen received a Chiropractic degree from the Canadian Memorial College, Toronto, Ontario in 1975. He founded Brookswood Chiropractic, located in Langley, BC the same year. He has since established Lifeforce Proactive Health Centre, expanding the clinic, offering a proactive patient-centred, multi-disciplinary approach. He is continually researching and implementing the latest technology to ensure he is providing his patients with the best care available. Dr. Mikkelsen has been at the same location in Langley for 40 years, now treating 2nd and 3rd generation families, a testament to his commitment to both the community and his patients. Dr. Mikkelsen has been team chiropractor with Canada’s National Swim Team throughout regular training and international level competitions since 1986. As well, was the team chiropractor with the Canadian Men’s Downhill Ski Team during the ’90-91 seasons on the World Cup Circuit. He has provided his unique perspectives pertaining to injury prevention and enhancement for optimal performance at over 100 national and international competitions including the Pan American Games, Commonwealth Games, World Aquatic Championship’s, and the last Seven Olympic Summer games. Dr. Mikkelsen is currently a member of the Integrated Support Team (IST) for Pacific Sport at the High Performance National Training Centre, part of Own The Podium program, located at the University of British Columbia.

• English

• Canadian Chiropractic Association Life Member Award
  • Award in recognition of 30 years of outstanding service to Swimming Canada’s National Team programs.
  • The Business Excellence Award