Ratings for Dr. Irene O. Lao

Dr. Lau is close to Royal Oaks a retirement community so she has a predominately elderly patient base. I have taken my mother to Dr. Lau 3 times. I will NEVER take her again. Last time was a "follow-up" and we waited an hour in the waiting room and then 15 minutes in the exam room. The nurse who took the triage was unsympathetic to our cause and told us Dr Lau does procedures as needed. Dr. Lau finally came in and asked us all the same "triage" questions. She too was completely unsympathetic and unaware of our exasperation in waiting so long. When I told her we were annoyed she was shrugged. Yes she did a procedure on my mother. The staff was less than helpful and not pleasant. They acted as though they were doing us a favor. I will not go back to her and will tell everyone I know not to. I informed the staff at the retirement community not to refer people to her.Dr. Lau has a very stiff bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012