Ratings for Dr. Linton Meagher

Very poor professional service. Displays lack of empathy and has air of superiority/arrogance about him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

I felt uncomfortable being in the presence of Dr. Meagher - I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I felt him to be distant and not quite present. I felt particularly uncomfortable and bewildered when he said I need to sort out my sexuality, something I felt grossly inappropriate given I was being treated for a mood disorder. While I’m sure he’s competent, I felt there was a tremendous amount of room for improvement. Consider seeing another psychiatrist - Dr. Meagher embodies adequate and not spectacular.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

I did not enjoy consulting with this doctor at all. Dr Meagher is often on call during consults, which is understandable, however, answering the phone (many times) snacking on food, & rigorous clock watching, are all extremely rude & unprofessional. Dr Meagher was unable to be fully focused on my needs as his attention generally appeared to be elsewhere, he repeatedly forgot important issues from one session to the next & came across as cold & distant. As a full fee paying patient, one deserves to be treated with better respect.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

I would not recommend Dr Linton Meagher to anyone. Whilst he is an experienced and knowledgeable psychiatrist his poor manner and lack of empathy certainly did let him down. By not offering an explanation for his behaviour or even an apology further indicates the kind of doctor he truly is. I hope he reviews the RANZCP code of ethics he claims to abide by and doesn't treat his other patients the way he treated me.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Dr Meagher has helped me recover from serious illness with appropriate prescription of medication. He is knowledgeable and well connected to health services.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I was very happy with Dr Meagher's care & treatment. He took the time to phone concerned family & friends and explain my condition & situation as well as discuss various alternative treatments, including side effects & known efficacy. I found him to be very cautious and circumspect about both my previous psychiatrists recommended treatment of ECT & medication. He also arranged for a second psychiatric opinion and for me to see the hospital psychologist. Together, this team of doctors were able to offer me a far less invasive treatment than ECT, which included Medication, Psychological reviews and attending Mood Disorder Day-Groups for 4-12 weeks (patient specific). Dr Meagher's is currently specializing in the treatment of mood disorders in Parkinson's Disease patients, and is not currently receiving Depression specific in/out patients.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012