Ratings for Dr. Linton Meagher

I would not recommend Dr Linton Meagher to anyone. Whilst he is an experienced and knowledgeable psychiatrist his poor manner and lack of empathy certainly did let him down. By not offering an explanation for his behaviour or even an apology further indicates the kind of doctor he truly is. I hope he reviews the RANZCP code of ethics he claims to abide by and doesn't treat his other patients the way he treated me.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Dr Meagher has helped me recover from serious illness with appropriate prescription of medication. He is knowledgeable and well connected to health services.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I was very happy with Dr Meagher's care & treatment. He took the time to phone concerned family & friends and explain my condition & situation as well as discuss various alternative treatments, including side effects & known efficacy. I found him to be very cautious and circumspect about both my previous psychiatrists recommended treatment of ECT & medication. He also arranged for a second psychiatric opinion and for me to see the hospital psychologist. Together, this team of doctors were able to offer me a far less invasive treatment than ECT, which included Medication, Psychological reviews and attending Mood Disorder Day-Groups for 4-12 weeks (patient specific). Dr Meagher's is currently specializing in the treatment of mood disorders in Parkinson's Disease patients, and is not currently receiving Depression specific in/out patients.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012