Ratings for Dr. Aiden Byrnes

I had a poor experience with Dr. Byrne. I told him about my concern regarding one medication that I was taking and he told me I was too concerned about my health. I am in my late 70s, I have paid to get my file and I now have a new doctor. I stopped taking the medication and I later discovered that I had an allergy to the drug. Plus, on his office wall there is a sign that says one issue only to be discussed. I found him very disconcerting after having such a wonderful doctor who retired and this doctor took over his practice.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I disagree. Dr Aiden Byrne has been a great family doctor to me. the only reason he has different or various office times or days is his hospital service. Ihave had to cancell quite a few appointments and reschedule because of work. Aiden is a good man and a better doctor.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

The worst most uncommitted Doctor I have come across. Knowledge seems to come from what he looks up on the Internet while you wait. Won't provide referral to specialists, tells patients he knows everything and therefore won't do the refereal. Had my wife in tears, insulting and should not have a practice. Does not follow up with test results, unless you book your own appointment. I have heard his wife give medical advice over the phone to patients and to my knowledge she is not a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

This doctor does not appear to be committed to his profession; he has irregular office hours and books (when you can get his wife on the phone) weeks in advance. I requested an appointment for a full physical and the soonest I could get one was a full two and a half months later. In addition, I question the cleanliness of his office. There is no running water on the premises and no bathroom on site. He is frequently "away" and does not use a locum to cover his absences. In fact, his "office" has a third-world feel about it. I cannot get another doctor because those who may be taking new patients won't take "transfers". My options are 1. praying that he will soon retire, and 2. quitting his "service", asking for my file, and using the local clinic. Then I, too, will be "without a doctor" and eligible for a new one should a new one come to our area. We inherited this doctor from our beloved GP when he retired. Both my husband and & are thoroughly put off by his replacement.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012