Ratings for Dr. Mark Appelby

Dr. Appelby is a fantastic doctor. He was very interested in helping me find the answer to my issues that I had. He is kind and always punctual. I would highly recommend him he is a fantastic family doctor and I am lucky to have him as my Doctor

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Appelby showed no interest in my previous medical history. I told him I needed pills for a skin condition and he said 'pills don't work'. I had actually used the pills previously, and they had indeed worked. He wanted to prescribe a cream, which I had used, and told him it hadn't worked. Far from being the know-it-all patient, I was simply relaying to him my actual experiences. In addition, I asked for a referral to a psychiatrist at CAMH so I could get medication monitored, and he said "Can't you just call yourself?". Any physician who does not know all hospital psychiatrists need referrals is incompetent. Dr. Appleby fits into the category of physician I described as "I don't want to do this, I just became a doctor for money and status. I have no real interest in doing it, however." My mind-boggled at the lack of professionalism, and I found a great family physician to switch too.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Seen him at the Marlee Medical Clinic and hope to never see him again. Doesn't bother to listen to the patients questions nor answer them. Acts as if he has somewhere better to be. He also suffers from 'holier than thou' attitude syndrome.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Unfortunately this doctor has a terrible bedside manner. Not personable nor empathetic, as well as curt and disinterested. Limited engagement or eye contact with patient due to keeping his back to the patient while typing notes on computer. He could stop typing and actually listen to what his patient is saying instead of typing notes while patient is speaking. He comes across as being too big for his britches. Needs to stop and take time to actually look and listen to his patient.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014