Ratings for Dr. Peter K. Panegyres

Terrible practitioner. Creepy guy too. Definitely one to avoid

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

My son was referred to this neurologist August 2016, an EEG was preformed by a qualified staff member. I never received any results or a follow up appointment. I was then sent a bill for $324 which I payed . I was extremely dissatisfied with this so called Professor ,the sooner Joondalup Hospital get a new Neurologist the better.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I've been under Prof for about 15 years, i losing confidence in him! Saw him today and guess what, he went to sleep 4 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I saw Professor Panegyres in his private rooms in 2014 after initially meeting him during a hospital stay in 2013. I was discharged from hospital in 2013 with his diagnosis as "Paresthesia" sorry... but that is a symptom not a diagnosis. Then in 2014 in his private rooms for follow up, he fell asleep, eventually with his head resting on his desk. Yes, he fell asleep! "Ah Professor, am I boring you?" He never made a diagnosis of my problem and didn't write a report to my GP for a management plan or opinion until 2015, perhaps the letter from my solicitor inspired a moment of reflection for the good Professor and he thought I'd better do my job.

Submitted January 17, 2017

Well I feel vindicated , having read the comments below, in my beliefs about this 'doctor'. After being referred to Mr Panagyres several years ago, attending his office on a regular basis and undergoing every test necessary to determine my condition as he was purportedly the expert in this area I am none the wiser as to my neurological condition. Like the other reports he took copious notes, however did not seem to refer to these upon the next visit, thus allowing you to move forward. He was often late and expensive as stated previously, but this to me was not the main issue. That was thatvat each consultation you never seemed to move forward in diagnosis or resolution. No I will not be going back!!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Lord above. Very expensive, and, ultimately completely unhelpful and served only to further confuse issues that were already confusing.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Waited eight days in hospital to see him. Very expensive and distant. Follow-up appointment was nearly three hours late.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I had been a patient of dr Panegyres for many years. I have MS and am a country patient, living 430km from Perth. He was ok for the first few years, but did take me off my medication, resulting in a massive issue a month before my wedding. There is a massively long story involved but long story short, he was not thorough enough in his consultation, resulting in a massive mistake by HIM which he then CHARGED ME for not once but twice. I am since seeing another neuro who has been brilliant and caring. I can't believe this man still practices Medicine as he obviously only does it for the money!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

I first encountered this neurologist 6 yrs ago as my daughter has a global ABI..for the first two years he took interest even though he takes copious notes it is obvious that he listens but fails to see potential issues or delve in any great depth as to problems raised..nevertheless my daughter liked him because she said he didn't judge her nut as the years went on i began to find him elusive and disinterested as her issues became more apparent. He has no time for family members who may want advice or information at all which is disheartening. .Last time i saw him with my daughter she wanted me to come in with her as she was having a procedure. .30 botox injections and was anxious he point blank refused me to come in and closed the door on me without any explanation. This doctor is rude..self possessed and very distant considering the fees he charges also i don't have a any doubts as to why he practices medicine albeit his patients do not come first!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Very professional doctor. Has a good team. Works out of an average hospital. Hard to see him as he seems to have a lot of patients. Treats issues with medication , diagnoses quickly. He charges a lot for what he does (which is not much)

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016