Ratings for Dr. Peter K. Panegyres

I found this man to be incredibly rude. I have a problem with my memory, and had a friend to come along to my appointment to be my second memory. The appointment was for 7 pm, and I did not get in to see him until 8 pm. I am usually in bed at 7.30 pm. He did not allow my friend (who actually is a Doctor) to accompany me. She also thought that he was very rude, and was surprised that he did nt allow her to accompany me. He treated me as though I was a lab specimen -there was no warmth, empathy nor attempt to make me feel comfortable from him. I got the feeling that he found me offensive as I sat down in the chair in his consulting room without being invited to! I am now going to go to a different Neurologist. I do NOT recommend him, and I have told my GP so - and told her why. I am now going to go to a different Neurologist.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Horrible, out of date and doesn't care for his patients.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

After multiple EEGs my epilepsy was confirmed but he avoided medicating me.???? I have many other issues which he also documented. He was awesome at my first appointment then things went sideways when he ran out of tests he could charge me for. After that he was indifferent and didn’t even know who I was or what I was there for. The last few visits I thought I was going nuts as he kept nodding off during my consultations Thank god I had a family member there to confirm this was actually happening. Not sure what happened to the “professor “ but now I am back at square one and have empty pockets!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Saw Him as an inpatient at JHC in 2014. He was rude & unhelpful. He saw me twice - initially & when I demanded he spoke to me about diagnostic tests he wanted to do. Other than that he sent his residents to do daily rounds and charge $450 for the resident to attend, this is not common practice in Australian private hospitals. I received a bill from his rooms for $2900 & contacted them asking for a breakdown of their fees as this was ridiculous for a 10 day hospital stay. Ended up forwarding Medicare cheques to him & making a complaint to the AMA & surgeons board about his fees, only to learn I wasn't the only person he did this to. They sent me invoices a few times then a letter stating that he would no longer see me as a patient, His nickname in the medical industry is "Peter Pan" as he is off in a different world! (Told to me by my spinal surgeon & pain specialist)

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I was referred to Dr Panegyres in 1999, when he diagnosed me with Myasthenia Gravis. At that time the condition was not well known. Although I agree he is overly expensive, I have always had a good rapport with him. Also he was the one to realise that I had spinal stenosis, which was confirmed after an MRI. I have been having back problems for quite some time, but a series of GPs just prescribed pain killers. I moved so had to see a new GP, she left unexpectedly so I started with another at the same practice. She left with warning so I am now with another. If not for Peter arranging for me to have an operation, I would probably be in a wheelchair.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Illegally over charges people, takes advantage of the elderly with dementia, keeps people on low doses so they keep having seizures and are forced to keep paying for more appointments, rude cocky attitude, speaks to people as if they are disgusting creatures to him, should have his medical liscence revoked!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Terrible practitioner. Creepy guy too. Definitely one to avoid

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

My son was referred to this neurologist August 2016, an EEG was preformed by a qualified staff member. I never received any results or a follow up appointment. I was then sent a bill for $324 which I payed . I was extremely dissatisfied with this so called Professor ,the sooner Joondalup Hospital get a new Neurologist the better.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I've been under Prof for about 15 years, i losing confidence in him! Saw him today and guess what, he went to sleep 4 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I saw Professor Panegyres in his private rooms in 2014 after initially meeting him during a hospital stay in 2013. I was discharged from hospital in 2013 with his diagnosis as "Paresthesia" sorry... but that is a symptom not a diagnosis. Then in 2014 in his private rooms for follow up, he fell asleep, eventually with his head resting on his desk. Yes, he fell asleep! "Ah Professor, am I boring you?" He never made a diagnosis of my problem and didn't write a report to my GP for a management plan or opinion until 2015, perhaps the letter from my solicitor inspired a moment of reflection for the good Professor and he thought I'd better do my job.

Submitted January 17, 2017