Ratings for Dr. Bruce Sykes

I have been seeing Dr Sykes for approximately 3 years now. I was having major pain issues in my neck and back area and within a few sessions saw remarkable progress!! Dr Sykes is very knowledgeable in dealing with both skeletal and soft tissue issues as they are not mutually exclusive. He explains things very clearly and comprehensively and always takes the time and effort to clearly listen and understand the problem before coming up with solutions. The exercise techniques he taught me have made an incredible difference in my recovery and I would highly recommend him to all of my family and friends !

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Sykes since 1998. Dr Sykes is professional and knowledgeable and always takes the time to listen to your concerns an issues and carefully explains the treatment you will receive and the effects of such treatment. I have had back,shoulder and hip treatments by Dr Sykes and have been 100% satisfied with the results of his treatment. He is a fine gentlemen and an even better chiropractor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Sykes was recommended by a colleague and I thank my lucky stars that I was able to see him. Since my first appointment, he has been very attentive to my issues. He made sure that I understood what was causing my back pain and to go explain how the exercises would help alleviate pain. I experience daily back pain due to a disc hernation. I have dealt with this pain for the last 8 years. I have always felt pain, especially in the mornings, after sitting for extensive time periods or after doing certain workouts. I have done physiotherapy and have seen a chiropractor in the past and those forms of therapy did help me. But it was only after seeing Dr. Sykes that I noticed how much much better I could feel! After only a few sessions, I felt better than ever! He really fine tuned my daily tasks, inquiring about my work, sleeping and workout habits to rectify things that were affecting my back on a daily basis - things I did not realise was contributing to my lower back pain! On my end, I put these suggestions to the test and did the exercices recommended by him and noticed a dramatic difference! He uses different methods of treatment before doing any adjustments which has helped my progress tremendously. He spends the time needed on his patient, you are not sure a number! I have never waited to walk into my appointment either. At other offices, I have waited up to an hour for a 5 minute sesssion.... He makes sure to spend time on the areas that need to be treated so that you feel your best. For example, one day I was experiencing a lot of stress and while assessing my lower and middle back, he noticed more tension than usual. He inquired about the way I was feeling and helped me get rid of a headache by focusing on my head, neck and shoulders and the end of our session. The headache disappeared. Another example of a success I have lived would be on a recent trip I took for which I had to travel 8 hours by car, followed by another day of travel, sitting at the airport and then an entire week of lounging on the beach. Usually, I encounter a lot of pain when sitting for extensive periods of time, but with Dr. Sykes recommendations and treatment, I did not feel any pain - a first in 8 years!! I am truly thankful to have met Dr. Sykes. I feel like my normal self once again!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Sykes really takes the time to explain things, which is very important for me in understanding how the treatments create positive results. His variety of methods is very beneficial in achieving a balanced overall result. I've definitely noticed an improvement since I've been seeing him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

He is not just a chiropractor, he uses multiple different methods, such as pressure points and deep massage. So if you are afraid of getting cracked, he can start of with different methods until you are comfortable with him. I've been seeing him rarely for the last 6 years. He gets the job done in a few visits, and I just see him when I pull something. I'm not a fan of having my neck cracked, and he did not push the subject.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Sykes for approx. 2 months. Before that, I had been seeing chiropractors for over 10 years, and only had temporary relief. A friend had told me about Dr. Sykes so I decided to try him out. All I can say is that I wish I would have seen him sooner. I have not felt better in over 10 years. All visits to Dr. Sykes are extremely thorough as he really does care. I always leave there feeling a million times better. My visits are way less frequent compared to my other chiropractors. Just so happy to have found him!!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

I have always seen very good chiropractors but there is no one who comes close to Bruce in getting results. He focuses on soft tissue work and only then does he do the adjustment. Spends a lot of time - much more than other chiros. Has all the relevant treatment modalities & is very current with innovative treatment methods. The man is brilliant & so far ahead of others I'm surprised he hasn't put them out of business. He gets results and quickly.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012