Ratings for Dr. Mitchell E. Simons

I've seen him for just under two years. I came to his practice after moving to the area from another state/practice. I was bullied into a surgery that I did not want and had my meds held hostage unless I used the spinal chord stimulator. I didn't use it because it had moved and didn't affect the area needed. I am routinely overcharged each time I see the PA instead of him and they continued to collect my copay even though My deductible was reached and the Ins. Co. paid 100%. My previous doctor didn't charge if I only needed a refill and only needed to have an appointment once every 2 - 3 months. Dr. Simons requires an office ($60 copay) visit just to get a refill . Though he requires drug tests once a year, last year I had to take two (at $800 out of pocket per test). I know everyone's experience is different, but take a few minutes to Google his name and you will see a pattern of immoral practices. Save yourself a lot of money and frustration and see anybody else!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Please do not go to this doctor! Im telling you now your playing your life. He is everything the reviews say badly. Yeah there may be a few ok reviews, these people most be desparate for a something at this office (narcotic) because a doctor he isn't

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

I have read these comments about Dr Simons and to me sounds like a bunch of p$!#ed off pill seekers I have been in pain management since 1995 I have seen numerous docs that made me a pin cushion broke a needle off in my spine which ended in an airlift to the university of ky make this short I have put a shotgun in my mouth to end the pain and to give me relief for good thank God I didn't.Dr Simons has always been straight with me even sent me to a neurosurgeon for a second option they both said 30 + years they have never seen someone this messed up. I ended up getting a spine stimulator that I chose not pushed on me why not "remember shotgun " it has been 2 years now I have lost 90 pounds I can walk again without walker/cane I do things I haven't done in over 15 years I have cut my medications down to almost nothing .YOU SAVED MY LIFE / MARRIAGE. and I thank God everyday for what he has done for me . DON"T SLANDER A DR BECAUSE HE WAS STRAIGHT WITH YOU AND SAID SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T LIKE HE MIGHT HAVE JUST SAVED YOUR LIFE. THANKS DR. SIMONS AND YOUR AWESOME STAFF. GARY B.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

RUN FROM THIS GUY !!!! He performs procedures that put you in pain , then prescribes very addictive meds that make you dependant on him, and when you don't comply with his procedures or want a second opinion he will discontinue you cold turkey to suffer withdrawals

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Very understanding..excellent dr. would recommend for anyone whom needs proper care for your pain related injury

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

great doc!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

If you are a patient who wants to get better or wants an MD who does more than hand you a stack of prescriptions, AVOID this office. His patients are actively making deals for selling their meds in his waiting room and parking lot ( Bellevue office, especially). When I told his assistant about it, they they suggested I try his other office as they don't control what their patients do with their meds. once they leave their office. I know they don't but their lack of concern about this bothered me. I had 4 different injections, none helped but he insists on trying more. Sounds like a boat payment to me. I am not taking narcotics so my concerns aren't script related. He threatens to dismiss you if you ask for a second opinion elsewhere (" once I dismiss you nobody else will see you"). When I read about the narcotics issues in N.Ky, this guy's office and practices come immediately to mind. His office staff is just ok - barely competent, not very professional. I say go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Simons prescribed a med for me & said I could still drive, work, etc. I had a very bad reaction to it. My husband suggested I call his ofc to find out what I could safely take from the plethora of drugs he had already given me. I called his ofc at 7 pm & the nurse told me that he was on call & not to worry about calling him. I've NEVER called before except for my 1st appt. When Dr Simons answered, I told him my name & that I was just in his office earlier that day & had a bad reaction to the med he gave me. I didn't finish what I was saying & he yelled, "I DON'T PRESCRIBE MEDS OVER THE PHONE!" I explained that I wasn't asking him to do that. All I needed to know was what could I safely take from what I already had that wouldn't kill me. (I was still having a bad reaction to the earlier med) He yelled again about me calling & hung up on me. My husband & I couldn't believe it! I was respectful, to the point & the conversation lasted 2 mins, tops. I never went back to Dr. Simons.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

The doctor came in the room grabbed the chart of meds, said that I should not be taking what I was, I should get a back tens unit, I informed him that this was already declined by BWC which he then said I should take arthritic meds, which I had informed him that this was tried but I had adverse reactions to them. I informed him that this was a consultation because he wanted to try other options on me and he said that I should still be off the pain meds which then I said if I was to take any less I would be a vegetative state cause I would not be able to do anything which he said was just fine. Then basically booted me out of the room unless I used him for treatments.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Dr. Mitchell E. Simons's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)