Dr. R. Michael Schaplowsky

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. R. Michael Schaplowsky

Dr, Mike was my Saviour he helped me whe I was Diagnosied with Stage 4 colon/ lung cancer Stage 4 Metatastic ,I refused surgery ,chemo and radiation I was only given 8/-2 months to survive that was in 2014 it is 2017 and iam still here thank you for given me a Quality of life that I would of not gotten if I would of took the other routes ,, You are a very gentle soul ,caring and helping people Thank you so much. ❤️ Suzanne McCool

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Spent years with IBS problems, took medications from my MD and worked for a while but stopped working after a few months. Was told nothing else they can do so went and saw Michael. With some testing and diet modifications from it along with supplements my IBS is significantly more in control. My life has become far better and I don't have to worry anymore about having an IBS attack at the worst time possible.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I made the previous review. Ended up he was stuck in traffic. He called me as soon as he got into his office. I returned to his office for my appointment and he spent 2 hours with my daughter and myself. He is very knowledgeable and explained everything. I couldn't believe how he pinpointed so many of my symptoms. both my daughter and I have benefited from his diagnosis. My daughter has PCOS and has had such a change for the better in 2 months. I have thyroid and adrenal issues and he has helped me understand how to help my symptoms I have tried feverishly to remove the former post and no avail! he is a fantastic Dr and I highly recommend him! Crystal

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Last Friday I received results for a food sensitivity test, Dr. Michael took the time to explain EVERYTHING to me, he told me about different foods that could be cross contaminated in or contain the things I shouldn't be having. Then he took the time to write up a treatment plan for me to follow, which included basic things like making sure to get enough exercise, to proper food hygiene from portion control to how to properly chew food. He told me about how my body is likely inflamed from the foods it is intolerant to and he gave me REALLY good advice on how to deal with the detox effects of ridding myself of these foods. He even took the time to read through a blood test I brought for him and he caught a drop in iron for which he prescribed a supplement. The visit cost me a little bit more than I thought it would but ONLY because he prescribed me some vitamins and supplements that have reduced my chronic heart burn and nausea. I trust that Dr. Michael knows what he is talking about simply because of the change in my energy, digestive issues and general well being. He is very nice and listens well which is very important to me. I highly recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I had hit a wall physically and emotionally due to personal and work commitments. My health was suffering badly. Dr Michael has given me back my physical and emotional health. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field as well as the most caring and understanding medical practitioner I have ever worked with. He doesn't just treat one symptom at a time. He treats the whole person. Can't give enough compliments - they would take up too many pages. I highly recommend Dr Michael to anyone who is struggling with their health issues and not getting answers.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

I work in a fast paced stressful job and was always feeling drained and tired. Since seeing Dr. Schaplowsky and receiving IV therapy as part of my treatment plan my life has completely changed! I finally have energy and can get through my days without naps! I have no doubt that my overall health has improved as a result of my treatment as well. Dr. Schaplowsky very caring and I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

My wife made the appointment for me. When I arrived, I told Dr. Michael that he had one appointment to help me. That was 3 years ago. I have been seeing Dr. Michael for all my health concerns since that time. He helped me recover from being very tired and stressed. I strongly recommend Dr. Michael to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Michael is an amazing doctor. I have suffered from migraines for years. After one visit and easy to follow but detailed treatment plan, no more headaches. I can sleep again. I highly recommend Dr. Michael. He is very attentive and caring. I wish there were more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr. Schaplowsky has given me my life back. Before I went to see him I was unable to get through the day and was no longer enjoying life. I now have no pain and lots of energy. I can again enjoy the outdoors. Thank-you Dr. Michael

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Horrible experience. I'm better off googling my health concerns.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Dr. R. Michael Schaplowsky

Dr. R. Michael Schaplowsky's response
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please feel free to contact me at 780.62.2991 or via e-mail at clinic@alpineHEALTH.ca

Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr. R. Michael Schaplowsky's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Michael has been in health care since 1984 when he entered the Faculty of Medicine at the U of A to study Medical Laboratory Science. He has worked at the University of Alberta Hospital, Royal Alexandra Hospital, research at the University of Alberta and Kasper's Labs ( now Dynalife). While he enjoyed working in research at the U of A, he missed the patient contact. In late 2000 he worked for the Alberta Cancer board (primarily at CCI) as a clinical analyst. Following his time at CCI, he returned to school and became a Naturopathic Doctor, studying at the world renowned NCNM in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Michael returned to Edmonton in 2011 and soon opened a clinic in Edmonton and sees patients from all over Alberta and B.C. He has a strong interest in helping people suffering with Cancer, Gut issues, stress and hormonal issues. He enjoys a challenge and helping those who see him find a new level of health and wellness. He believes that his med lab background gives him a unique insight in dealing with what patients are experiencing. His motto: Health worth spreading.

• National College of Natural Medicine