Ratings for Dr. Michael Maguire

I visited Dr Maguire at his new clinic at Level 4 Number 1 Lawson Street Southport Central. I was really impressed with the facility called The Minimally Invasive Surgery Centre which is where the Carpal Tunnel Clinic is located. My GP recommended Dr Maguire as he said Dr Maguire was the only person doing the Ultrasound Guided Carpal Tunnel Release. I wanted this technique so I could get back to work as soon as possible. I couldn't believe how quickly I recovered after the operation. I was back at work within days and only had a tiny band aid on my wrist. I watched the operation on the video screen and was awake the whole time. I didn't feel any pain at all during the operation and just took a bit of Panadol after the operation. If you have symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and you need the best treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome I suggest you go and see Dr Maguire at the Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic. I am so glad I did. Best of all Medicare paid for most of it!

Submitted May 17, 2019

I would like to share my experience regarding the Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic and Dr Maguire's team. I was very impressed with the service. I live in Western Australia but travel frequently and was having trouble with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. First I searched for my symptoms online and searched "Do I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome " and "What is the best treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" as everyone was telling me something different. My GP said I had carpal tunnel syndrome so I Googled " What is the Best Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" and came across The Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic. I am so glad I did. I had a consultation over the phone and then the next time I was on the East Coast I saw Dr Maguire and had the new ultrasound guided carpal tunnel technique. Dr Maguire gave me the choice of open , endoscopic and the new ultra minimally invasive carpal tunnel ultrasound guided technique. I chose the ultrasound technique after watching the YouTube video on it. On the day of surgery I was in and out within the hour and had no pain at all. My symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome are now totally gone. I have some tenderness in my palm but that is getting better everyday. Dr Maguire said this mild tenderness is normal and will slowly improve over the next few months. I had a tiny little puncture wound over my wrist where the device which cuts the ligament was inserted and only had a bandaid on for a few days! No stitches! Incredible really. I was allowed to watch the whole thing on the second Video Screen! If you have carpal tunnel syndrome and need surgery and you want the best carpal tunnel surgery specialist you should ring the The Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic or watch the video on the website www.thegcctc.com.au. I so glad I found Dr Maguire. I couldn't find anyone else in Australia doing this ultrasound carpal tunnel surgery so would have had to have gone overseas to get it.

Submitted December 21, 2018

I had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for for over a year with terrible numbness and pain in my thumb and fingers. I used splints at night, then cortisone injections and even acupuncture. Eventually my GP sent me to Dr Maguire at The Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic. I didn’t have private health insurance so was looking for somewhere I could get surgery done without waiting for an appointment at the public hospital or paying thousands for a Private Hospital. When I saw Dr Maguire he did an ultrasound on my wrist and showed me that my nerve was being compressed causing numbness in my fingers. I had a nerve conduction study which also confirmed the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Until I saw Dr Maguire I didn’t know what Carpal Tunnel Syndrome was but he explained Everything to me very carefully and made me feel confident that I was in the right place. I had the Ultrasound Guided Carpal Tunnel Release using a tiny little Hook Knife device and was using my hand for virtually everything the next day. They was some minor swelling but no cut only a very small needle wound. I could shower and do pretty much most things the next day. My symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome including the pins and needles, numbness and pain which woke my every night were gone the same night after the surgery and have not come back since. I am very grateful to Dr Maguire and the staff for their wonderful care. Thanks again Dr Maguire.

Submitted September 13, 2018

When I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome I really didn't want surgery. I did lot's of research on the internet and spoke to my GP. I searched for "The Best Treatment for Carpal Tunne Syndrome". I came across the Video showing Dr Maguire's technique for Ultraminimally Invasive Carpal Tunnel Release or Ultrasound Guided Carpal Tunnel Release. I thought this is what I want to have to allow me to get back to normal without being woken up every hour during the night with pain and numbness in my hands. The surgery took only a few minutes and I was in and out of the clinic on the day of surgery within an hour! There was virtually no pain and I was awake during the whole procedure. The staff were very friendly and professional. I highly recommend you see Dr Maguire if you also have carpal tunnel syndrome.

Submitted August 31, 2018

I would like to thank The Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel for helping me with my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I was waking at night with numb hands and getting pins and needles in the fingers at night which was driving me crazy! I had tried everything including splints and injections of cortisone. I searched the web for the best surgeon or treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome and came across the video showing the wide awake surgery under local anaesthetic using ultrasound. Dr Maguire did an ultrasound in the clinic and explained everything really well. I had the surgery the following week and didn't feel a thing! I was using my hand normally within days and my carpal tunnel symptoms are completely gone. All through a tiny little nick in the skin just over the wrist. I would highly recommend going to The Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel clinic if you think you have carpal tunnel syndrome. I wish I had known about Dr Maguire sooner!

Submitted August 31, 2018

I went to see Dr Maguire because I was getting numbness, pins and needles and tingling in my fingers and hand. It was waking me up several times a night. I Googled "The Best Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" and came across The Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel website. I watched the video on the Website and was amazed at how the surgery could be done with just a little 1mm puncture wound. I am from NSW but my GP said they often send patients up to Queenskand because no one else does the surgery this way! I would recommend the Ultrasound Guided Carpal Tunnel Release or USGCTR to anyone who is suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I recovered within days and didn't need any stitches. I was back at work the following week and could shower and wash myself properly after only a couple of days! Pretty incredible. Anyone who as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome should see Dr Maguire at The Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic.

Submitted August 17, 2018

I asked my local doctor who was the best carpal tunnel surgeon and he sent me to The Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic. I had the new ultrasound guided carpal tunnel release surgery and now I have no more numbness or pins and needles. I had carpal tunnel symptoms for almost a year and now my symptoms are gone and I can sleep through the night. I tried everything before seeing Dr Maguire including splints, stretches and cortisone shots but nothing worked. Medicare paid for most of the surgery so didn't cost much really as I had reached the Medicare Safety Net. Thanks Maguire Upper Limb and The Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic!

Submitted August 16, 2018

I saw Dr Maguire recently for my elbow. Had severe pain when I straightened it. He said I had posterior impingement. Put a cortisisone shot in there and sent me to an Exercise Physiologist. No pain since. Told me I might need an arthroscopy to take off some spurs! Very impressed with staff at his rooms they were super friendly and made me feel totally at home. They were helpful and every knew exactly what was happening with me the whole time. They obviously prepare for the patients because all off them knew what was going on with my treatment. I would rate this practice highly to anyone with elbow problems particularly if you want to avoid surgery.

Submitted August 15, 2018

I have had the USGCTR done and very happy with the result. Had a little bruising for a few days but was warned about that. Was using hand straight away and could shower the next day when the bandage came off. I would 100% recommend this procedure for carpal tunnel syndrome. I'm not sure if anyone else is doing it around here. I certainly couldn't find anyone in Australia, just overseas. If you think you have carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms like numbness and tingling in the hand then ring the Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic and the staff there will help you out.

Submitted August 15, 2018

My GP told me Dr Maguire is doing a new type of surgery called Ultra Minimal Unvasive which means it is only a tiny incision less then a millimetre. Had it done and back at work within days! Extraordinary! Carpal tunnel syndrome is gone!!!! Thanks Gold Coast Carpal Tunnel Clinic! :)

Submitted August 5, 2018