Ratings for Dr. Ali Mahmoudi

Over the summer we had multiple visits to see DR Mahmoudi at the fracture clinic at Timmins and District Hospital after my son fractured his finger. He ended up needing to have pins in his finger as it was an unstable fracture. Once Dr Mahmoudi saw him for the first time he got him booked into surgery very quickly. The surgery and healing process went well and my son has normal function of his finger back. Having a Orthopedic Surgeon that can do these type of surgeries in Timmins is amazing, and saved us having to go down to Cheo or Sick Kids. The staff who work in the fracture clinic are very knowledgeable and helpful. Just an FYI be prepared for a wait at the fracture clinic, but this is the same no matter which Orthopedic Surgeon you are seeing. They just have a very heavy patient load. But if you are going with kids take snacks and something to entertain them with. The hospital has free WiFi which kept my son content while we waited. Thanks again Dr Mahmoudi.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

From the initial consultation, to the post op, Dr. Mahmoudi was a true professional and made me feel very comfortable. It has been 4 weeks since hip replacement, and every thing is according to plan. No complications what so ever. I am now continuing with physio. Thanks to Dr. Mahmoudi and his wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

My issue is not with his staff or the efficiency of his office, although there is some quasi-unprofessional conduct between this doctor and his nurses at times. However, that is not what this rating is intended to reflect. This rating is going to reflect an arrogance typical of humans that let power go to their heads such as was displayed by this man in the way he treats women in his clinic, and the way this arrogance has blinded him to provide the best care for my loved one. (FYI-Be prepared to wait 2-3 hours no matter what time your appointment is) My loved one suffered an injury to her knee after a fall at home. it was determined by our local ER through an X-Ray that her Knee Cap (Patella) had been fractured, and a referral to this doctor followed. The general course of treatment was X-Ray and follow-up to see if the Patella was displaced at all, and to allow it to heal without the need for surgery...which was achieved in the end. However, my loved one had a previous soft tissue/ACL injury in the same knee, and the doctor quickly established that she had no aggravation or re-tearing injury to her knee, despite refusing to order a standard MRI (which is required to see soft tissue injuries). At each status visit while her Patella was healing, my loved one would attempt to communicate her symptoms (which she was familiar with due to the previous injury), and was ignored by this arrogant man and told "I am the Doctor, and you need to toughen up". He was continually unnecessarily rough with her during follow-ups, short tempered, distant, ADHD like, and once was so rough that it caused severe pain despite her pleas to stop. He even said that "if you are not crying at Physio, then your Physiotherapist is not doing their job". When she tried to engage the doctor and make him aware of her ongoing symptoms, he would ignore her if she was challenging his care. However, he was witnesses ordering MRI's for all the Male patients in the room without question, and clearly treated men different than women, unless they were his good looking nurses. In the end, he released her from his care as "Completely Cured" despite her limping out the door...even refusing to listen to a word she was trying to say. My loved one had to take matters into her own hands, and received an MRI through another specialist which determined she had re-torn her ACL...so apparently Doctor, arrogance does not outweigh proper diagnosis through Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) after all. In conclusion, if want a doctor who makes old people cry, completely ignorant to patient concerns, and generally unethical in his interactions...then this is your man. Good luck to you.

Submitted June 15, 2017

Took forever. almost one year to fill my Dr. report . His report was not good . He was rough with post exam after operation . Does not make important follow up appointments to see him . Leaves that up to you to figure out and as a result stitches came out way too late . His reports cover his own profession .

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Went for a consultation, I find that this Doctor is very anxious, easily distracted, does bot tale time to listen to what you have to say. He has bo bed side manners. likes to argue with patient. Not recommended sorry.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

An excellent doctor in the world.He is a real doctor. Dr.Mahmoudi is a very patient,knowledgeable ,responsible ,caring and understanding. Doctor who really care about patients.He is absolutely the best doctor in the world. First time I saw him at McKenzie health hospital on June 2014. I had a problem on My left wrist. I was impressed. Thanks a lot

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I was very fortunate that dr. Mahmoudi was at the Timmins hopital whe I broke my arm and required extensive surgery, I could not have had a more talented surgeon perform the operation as well as a more caring and kind doctor. Will always be grateful to him for the excellent care.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012