Ratings for Dr. Laurie Mclean

Absolutely useless experience. My entire life I've suffered from sinusitis, but in the past 5 years it's become unbearable, and in need for further exploration. Was referred to Dr. McLean by my GP and was hoping she could help me find some sort of relief. I should add that I have a pre-existing autoimmune disorder and my Rheumy thought Dr. McLean may be able to help. She looked up my nose and said the septum was not deviated. And sent me for an MRI appt that took 6 months. All while I was in pain. The results came back as no abnormalities so she dismissed me and said it was all she could do. I asked her if she could please just stay with my case because I was just miserable and she said she didn't think she could help. My Rheumy was disappointed too. Am now being referred to another ENT. Thanks for nothing Dr. McLean.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Excellent. She is amazing with kids. I have had to see her for 2 of my kids and love my expedience. I highly recommend her

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. McLean. Professional, reassuring, kind, compassionate, informative and an excellent surgeon.

Submitted October 4, 2016

I had a hemithyroidectomy and dr.mclean was very kind and explained everything to my husband and I in terms we could understand. She spoke to me before surgery to explain everything to me again to reassure me. After surgery she spoke to my husband and let him know how everything went. Once I was in my room she came to see us again and explained how the surgery went. A truly amazing person and Doctor. I felt very reassured she was my surgeon. I wish she was my endocriniologist!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Dr Mclean is a WONDERFUL surgeon,i had a complete thyroidectomy because of cancer and i was very nervous I react very badly to anasetic i thow up every hour for two days. So she was very kind and patient gsve me meds to help and was very very knowledgeable about everything amazing surgeon but also very kind and empathetic My scar is healing well and you can hardly see it ! I know if you are reading this you are probably very scared but believe me you are in the very best of hands. I also wish she was my family docter.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

My Daughter just recently had a partial thyroidectomy (1/2 of thyroid) done by Dr McLean just 2 days ago at the Riverside Hospital. She is an amazing surgeon, and all the nurses were wonderful. Especially Kerita!!! Dr McLean took the time to reassure me and my daughter who is only 17. She took the time to comfort her before being put to sleep in the OR and even held her hand. When we met in the office she was more than informative about the surgery and gave detailed information about the surgery and the risks. She was amazing pre-op and post-op, even came to talk to me in the waiting room to let me know how surgery had went and also went to see my daughter after to reassure her again post-op. She is very thorough in her work and the incision is minimal. I would definitely recommend her. She is truly an amazing surgeon as well as an amazing person.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I had to rate Dr.McLean low on punctuality, however, that is most likely because she actually seems to sit and care about each patient. I can honestly say she has been one of the best doctors I have ever dealt with. She was patient, informative, and seemed to really care about how I was handling things. I had two surgeries and her work was fantastic and I get compliments on my incision. I have also had apts with doctors following her surgeries that all say wonderful things about her. She is amazing and I wish I could have a family doctor as caring and knowledgeable as her.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr McLean did a complete thyroidectomy. She explained the procedure and options very well at the initial appointment. She explained the risks clearly, but was also very positive about the surgery. She is friendly, smiling, and very nice to deal with. She was very helpful and informative just before surgery and afterward as well. The surgery went very well, healing was quick and scaring was minimal. Nurses also commented that she is very good and in particular that they never have issues with bleeding etc with her incisions. She was also very good with my nervous wife and met with her post surgery.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Dr. McLean was my surgeon for a complete thyroidectomy. I had the surgery because I was diagnosed with papillary carcinoma - thyroid cancer. She was very compassionate, kind and understanding about how emotional I was feeling, while at the same time being one of the most informative and professional doctors that I have ever dealt with. Her staff was wonderful and she had a great manner in dealing with her patient. She explained my situation clearly and was very positive. The surgery went off flawlessly and she even worked to minimize the scar across my throat. It is barely noticeable and people are always remarking how great a job she did. I can't speak highly enough about this surgeon in every regard.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013